Junk loot AFK Macro

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on Reverse Engineering.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Kymethraa
Novice Crafter

Junk loot AFK Macro

Post by Kymethraa » Thu May 08, 2008 5:54 pm

Quick questions.
I have noted a large number of toons (AFK) camp/grinding (presumably for the loot to RE).
These are high level toons smack in the midde of a NPC mob spawn that in no way provide any XP.
First: I thought this was frowned upon by the devs. Is this no longer an issue?
Second: If it's not taboo..what the heck is the macro

kelsaka
Intermediate Crafter

Re: Junk loot AFK Macro

Post by kelsaka » Thu May 08, 2008 6:51 pm

AFK play is still against the EULA but is no longer being actively policed by the GMs/CSRs, mostly due to the sheer number of players they'd have to deal with. You can still report players if their afk'ing disrupts your gameplay, such as looting mobs you need for a quest.

As for an afk macro, I don't have one. All my combat is done ATK.
~ Kelsaka Rymi ~
SWG Cover Girl September 2008
TRF ~ Naboo ~ Infinity

Rommel
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Rommel » Thu May 08, 2008 6:55 pm

It's really not hard, first you shoot off some specials, area attacks are great, then you run a loot macro and thats about it...

/loot corpse;
/loot
/macro loot;

/ui action toolbarSlot00;
/pause .3;
/ui action toolbarSlot00;
/pause .3;
/macro specials;

Nothing special and this is all posted in the tansarii point station section of the SOE forums, search for recent post that mention macro.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu May 08, 2008 7:01 pm

It is not only frowned upon by the Devs but is still a heated topic among players, many are pro but many are anti.

What happened was that so many did it and the GMs (former CSRs) spend way too much time dealing with all the reports about AFK combat toons. Finally their boss decided: "we will not police AFK combat". This was quickly moderated somewhat and Valara posted a guideline for when AFK combat will not be policed for. They are quite strict and I certainly see many players violating their account when they AFK too wildly.

Remember that SOE never changed the EULA, which still forbids any kind of AFK playing, especially when AFK playing interferes or disturbs other players gaming experience. Thence, AFK playing is not allowed for per se. Not being policed for is not the same as allowed for, even if the result is the same at the current moment.

This means that SOE can at any moment change and start policing AFK game play again, after an appropriate post of course since it is another change regarding policing.

SOE can also at any time add some mechanism in the game that will hinder AFK playing. Nothing in the EULA prohibits them to do so.

Personally I wouldn't mind Elite <NPCs> spawning close to a combat toon that have been fighting too long at a small area :twisted: If the player is ATK there will still be a chance to run and hide.

/Zimoon