Reverse Engineering 101

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on Reverse Engineering.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Reverse Engineering 101

Post by Zimoon » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:57 pm

Welcome around :D

And thanks for your input here, as well as congrats to your first post her :)

/Zimoon

Swedishoyster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Swedishoyster » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:10 am

cdquarles wrote:I have made 3rd order bits using double statted loot. Make sure the double statted item has stats different from the one you put on your crafted item. Sometimes you have to do this more than once. Example: you make a +35 SEA with con modifier. Put this into the socketed crafted item, say an armor glove. Put this item and a double statted item, say a soft shirt with luck and agility on it. RE your bit into a 3rd order. Didn't work, repeat until you get a 3rd order.
Yes, confirming this work, made 10 x 35s 3rd order in a row this way, life just became way easier making 3rd order bits.
statted loot was very low, like 6 and 7, loot collected while afk-gathering junk, so basically didn't cost me anything.
Sork Inc. Perdition, Dantooine
Hunterella, Architect/Armorsmith - Sorkella, Ranger/Riflewoman
Snufsan, Tailor/Chef/x - Healerella, Doctor
Bimborella, Swordswoman/Medic - Sniperella, Rifle/BE

Zulummar
Novice Crafter

Post by Zulummar » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:59 pm

The Charmed Artifact +40 luck does not stack with the Willpower Stim (Advanced) +100 luck. I just checked it and the Willpower Stim luck buff overwrites the Charmed Artifact buff.

Also it should be noted that if you wear the deconstruction arm, you do not have 13 wearable slots to place luck in, you only have 11 (boots, legs, belt, chest, shirt, bandolier, helmet, left bicep, left bracer, gloves, weapon) (the way it looks in the luck sources table gives the first impression that you can both wear the deconstruction arm for +110 luck and wear 13 pieces with luck for another +455)
Last edited by Zulummar on Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:07 pm

Zulummar wrote:The Charmed Artifact +40 luck does not stack with the Willpower Stim (Advanced) +100 luck. I just checked it and the Willpower Stim luck buff overwrites the Charmed Artifact buff.
Thanks, I don't know if anybody noticed but I am slowly walking over some guides and is half-way through this. When done I will scan the thread for input like this and compile it into something somewhere.

/Zimoon