Quick question

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on Reverse Engineering.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Nadun
Novice Crafter

Quick question

Post by Nadun » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:00 pm

So it doesnt matter what trader proff i choose to do RE with, with the exception of Structure? Is there a reason to pick Domestic, Engineer or Munitions over one another?

Thanks

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Quick question

Post by Zimoon » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:40 pm

For the particular RE work as such it doesn't matter, all are as powerful.

However, Engineers have their only trade in Weapon SEA and PUPs which is not many per customer. Munition have all armor pieces of which all (I think?) can have sockets and hence SEAs. Tailor have all clothing pieces but I think Munitions have more of them, except for the Shirt everyone must have ;)

If you are new to crafting and don't have quality stuff Tailor is an easy way to go as it doesn't require any quality whatsoever. Engineers are in the middle, there are lots of stuff to craft which doesn't require quality, but there are also stuff that need exotic resources and/or quality. Munition require quality in everything, almost, and some rare resources.

I think that is a quite fair description, which makes you even more confused I assume :)

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:44 pm

Oooh, money-wise: Tailors cannot really sell their produce for great profit, while Chef is better. Munitions can sell their high-end produce for millions, given they have the resources and skills for it. Engineers are somewhere in the middle on the droid part, profitable at some produce but not as great as Munitions. But for pure RE ... Domestics or Munitions.

You can also settle with just boosted power bits, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order, as well as modifier bits, and don't bother with the other stuff at all.

/Zimoon

Nadun
Novice Crafter

Post by Nadun » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:48 pm

lol, a bit yes. Im not new to crafting, just all the new stuff they have added since the NGE.

I Guess what I ment was, not as far as resell goes, that theres no difference in the proff's. Like I can make just a good PUP or any combination of SEA's with any trader. Its just certain traders can then add them to there wears such as armor, clothing and weapons. Is this right? I have characters that are all 4 proffs, I just need to know if it matters what trader I put the points into the RE expertise boxes on.

Thanks man.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:51 pm

Nadun wrote:lol, a bit yes. Im not new to crafting, just all the new stuff they have added since the NGE.

I Guess what I ment was, not as far as resell goes, that theres no difference in the proff's. Like I can make just a good PUP or any combination of SEA's with any trader. Its just certain traders can then add them to there wears such as armor, clothing and weapons. Is this right? I have characters that are all 4 proffs, I just need to know if it matters what trader I put the points into the RE expertise boxes on.

Thanks man.
No that does not matter. Use that one Trader to boost the power and the others to put together the SEAs as that doesn't need no more skill than the multi-stat skill.

/Z

xorbok
Forum Moderator

Post by xorbok » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:03 pm

Each can make the power bits and the modifier bits which will work in any SEA, pup, or whatever. The difference is AS makes armor attachments, tailor makes clothing attachments, and i think ws makes the weapon attachments (may be something else) but all can make a profit sellng the powerbits since they are what actually ultimately make the attachment, depending on what prof ultimately combines them to make the attachment.
ImageImage

Nadun
Novice Crafter

Post by Nadun » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:36 pm

xorbok wrote:Each can make the power bits and the modifier bits which will work in any SEA, pup, or whatever. The difference is AS makes armor attachments, tailor makes clothing attachments, and i think ws makes the weapon attachments (may be something else) but all can make a profit sellng the powerbits since they are what actually ultimately make the attachment, depending on what prof ultimately combines them to make the attachment.
ahh there we go, thats what I was looking for. Thanks :)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:55 pm

xorbok wrote:Each can make the power bits and the modifier bits which will work in any SEA, pup, or whatever. The difference is AS makes armor attachments, tailor makes clothing attachments, and i think ws makes the weapon attachments (may be something else) but all can make a profit sellng the powerbits since they are what actually ultimately make the attachment, depending on what prof ultimately combines them to make the attachment.
It is Engineers that make Weapon SEAs.

Both AS and WS is in Munition, but Engineers got DE and Artisan plus a chunk of weapons for some odd reason.

/Z

TradeMaster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by TradeMaster » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:33 pm

Because DE is the odd profession out as it were. they were able to pair up the other skills, but well with an odd number.....

The master artisan parts, although nice to be able to craft, really didn't make up for having only one advanced crafting tree, so the tossed some of the weaponsmith tree in, heck not like we're going to be able to take away business from the "munitions" traders that are crafting weapons for sale. At least not with the present demand.

xorbok
Forum Moderator

Post by xorbok » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:35 pm

Zimoon wrote:
It is Engineers that make Weapon SEAs.

Both AS and WS is in Munition, but Engineers got DE and Artisan plus a chunk of weapons for some odd reason.

/Z
Thanks for the clarification. I have at least temporarily left the game .... again .... and have been out for a few months so i remember a bunch still but some of the details, like this, are slipping away into the swg abyss ...

btw, i am currently waiting for Age of Conan, hehe, that looks to have a lot of potential, however it does not appear to have any crafting ,,, :(
ImageImage

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:10 pm

xorbok wrote:.....however it does not appear to have any crafting ,,, :(
Mention just one other game that has crafting the way SWG has it :mrgreen:

/Zimoon

xorbok
Forum Moderator

Post by xorbok » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:58 pm

there are absolutely NO other games that has crafting even remotely like SWG does. The fact is, if there is one thing that SOE / LA ever did right, i have to say it was crafting. The crafting was absolutely incredible, but unfortunately has taken a turn for the worse over the last couple years, but still the best of any game i have ever heard of.
ImageImage

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:53 pm

I tried Vanguard, when it came out, hoping that the crafting would be what I was looking for. It wasnt. My first clue was when I discovered the NPC vendors bought and sold everything. I found they were selling the very same weapons and armor that dropped off of the NPC combatants. My second clue was when I started crafting and found the way to advance was to do crafting quests for NPCs. The whole point of crafting is that you provide a service to other players. The whole point of a "player run economy" is that players buy and sell to each other. There were other things too. I hated the combat, really hated corpse runs. I liked the idea of giving players diplomatic skills, but didnt like the "card game" that substituted for social interaction in diplomacy. The real problem though was that the game never "wowed" me. There was never a time when I said, "This is so cool", or "I have never seen this before", or "I cant wait till I can do this in the game". I kept feeling that Ild seen it all before, and the other games had done it better. Eventually I grew so bored with Vanguard that I couldnt bring myself to log in anymore.

I tried Ryzom and liked it a lot better. I was a bit concerned that crafting, and the game in general was geared towards combat only, but if I hadnt encountered a bug that stopped my advancement or just had someone to help me learn the game I think I would have played it longer.

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:26 am

xorbok wrote:there are absolutely NO other games that has crafting even remotely like SWG does. The fact is, if there is one thing that SOE / LA ever did right, i have to say it was crafting. The crafting was absolutely incredible, but unfortunately has taken a turn for the worse over the last couple years, but still the best of any game i have ever heard of.
That's the reason why i am still here :)
Your domestic trader at Starsider TOG Mall: Tat WP -5101 -3308
You have resource for sale ? Check the TOG Holonet Channel for my offer
In Memoriam for all BE

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:21 am

Thanks X,
then I feel absolutely confident when I continue playing SWG. I won't miss nada :D

/Z