Can't get SEAs to fit into sockets

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on Reverse Engineering.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

dharh
Novice Crafter

Can't get SEAs to fit into sockets

Post by dharh » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:47 am

Ok so I have a few Decorative Survival Knifes all have sockets, all are yellow named. I got a bunch of weapon attachments but when i drag the weapon attachment onto the knife or the knife over the attachment nothing happens.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Can't get SEAs to fit into sockets

Post by Zimoon » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:17 pm

dharh wrote:Ok so I have a few Decorative Survival Knifes all have sockets, all are yellow named. I got a bunch of weapon attachments but when i drag the weapon attachment onto the knife or the knife over the attachment nothing happens.
Indeed odd, anybody else having this problem?

dharh
Novice Crafter

Post by dharh » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:57 am

Just wanted to add these are looted SEAs.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:55 am

dharh wrote:Just wanted to add these are looted SEAs.
Ahhh, there is no such thing as a looted Weapon Attachment. Pre-NGE, when we had looted SEAs, there only were Clothing and Armor Attachments.

Paria
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Paria » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:10 am

If you are talking of these yellow/blue thingies that drop from mobs you can not really use them if you are not weaponsmith, they can not be sold to the junk dealer too.
I think that a weaponsmith can "insert" one Melee/Ranged Weapon Augmentation(yellow) and Melee/Ranged Weapon Enhancement(blue) and provide both bonus to the weapon he is crafting.
My 2cr.
Arnh Stardust (Armorsmith or Shipwright) & Mamaria (Droids and Beasts crafter) in ORION on Lok (Chimaera server).

dharh
Novice Crafter

Post by dharh » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:16 am

Sometimes SWG does things that just don't make sense. Oh well, got about 40 of these buggers I gotta destroy.

Paria
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Paria » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:02 am

Perhaps you can keep those with action/health over 200 (yellow) and critical over 20 (blue).
Then try to contact a WS or sell them (no idea of the market price btw) :D

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:34 am

dharh wrote:Just wanted to add these are looted SEAs.
Not that it should matter I guess but I am curious how you are planning your suit. Remember that those old, still shiny, looted SEAs can go on any wearable item so why put them onto the one-of-three which accepts exotics? When exotics is what we want the most? Personally I would sacrifice some Luck and whatever and put them onto my hat/gloves/whatever, but not at my weapon/breastplate/shirt. Unless I have an unlimited supply of old SEAs :?

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:35 am

Paria wrote:If you are talking of these yellow/blue thingies that drop from mobs you can not really use them if you are not weaponsmith, they can not be sold to the junk dealer too.
I think that a weaponsmith can "insert" one Melee/Ranged Weapon Augmentation(yellow) and Melee/Ranged Weapon Enhancement(blue) and provide both bonus to the weapon he is crafting.
My 2cr.
Woah, how stupid can I be, Paria, I guess you nailed it :mrgreen:

dharh
Novice Crafter

Post by dharh » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:02 pm

Well. I wasn't being completely dumb. I was trying doing this on my engineer, who can make these same weapon attachments.

I was actually trying to do some iterative engineering. Attach to the weapon, reverse engineer to then make the bits.