Brain Dead...

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on Reverse Engineering.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Bangalore007
Novice Crafter

Brain Dead...

Post by Bangalore007 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:04 am

I have "forced" 2nd Order 35+ PBs to 3rd Order 35+ PBs hundreds of times and suddenly I cannot remember how to do it. I have ruined a dozen 2nd Order PBs trying and I'm at the end of my rope. Can somebody give me a clear step-by-step walkthrough?
"You should always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't come to yours." - Yogi Berra

Mifasa
Novice Crafter

Re: Brain Dead...

Post by Mifasa » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:10 pm

I'm new to REing, but i've been doing it by making the +35 into a SEA, adding a low level PB (like +1-9). set that aside. Craft another junk two stat SEA. Then apply both these seas to items. Now RE these two items together in the tool.
Hope that helps. =)
Mifasa: Elder Master Driod Engineer
Asafim: Master Structures
Alts: Dakar, Xeker

Located on Dantoine -3243, 6736
in East Crystal Oasis.
(Tarquinas Sever)

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Post by panino76 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:18 am

Bangalore007 wrote:I have "forced" 2nd Order 35+ PBs to 3rd Order 35+ PBs hundreds of times and suddenly I cannot remember how to do it. I have ruined a dozen 2nd Order PBs trying and I'm at the end of my rope. Can somebody give me a clear step-by-step walkthrough?
Make the +35 bit, make a modifier, create the attachment, put this attachment on a piece of armor (or cloth or weapon, depends what treader are using), put this item WITH a looted piece of armor or cloth inside the tool and reverse.

NOTE: The piece of looted cloth/armor MUST have 3 or 4 stat on it. (with 3 it's not guaranteed, but you usually get a 3rd order, with 4 stats you surely get a 3rd order)

Artax Wavingwalker

La'ana
Novice Crafter

Post by La'ana » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:39 pm

I also use looted stat items, but with only 2 stats, as they are easier and faster to find. It
works > 50%... in my case at least.

Ruh
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Ruh » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:52 pm

panino76 wrote:
Bangalore007 wrote:I have "forced" 2nd Order 35+ PBs to 3rd Order 35+ PBs hundreds of times and suddenly I cannot remember how to do it. I have ruined a dozen 2nd Order PBs trying and I'm at the end of my rope. Can somebody give me a clear step-by-step walkthrough?
Make the +35 bit, make a modifier, create the attachment, put this attachment on a piece of armor (or cloth or weapon, depends what treader are using), put this item WITH a looted piece of armor or cloth inside the tool and reverse.

NOTE: The piece of looted cloth/armor MUST have 3 or 4 stat on it. (with 3 it's not guaranteed, but you usually get a 3rd order, with 4 stats you surely get a 3rd order)
My understanding and experience has led me to believe you can RE a 1-stat clothing item with a 2,3, or 4-stat clothing item to get a 3rd Order Bit, however it is not guaranteed when you use a 2nd Order Bit. I have never had a problem using a 3-stat clothing item to get a 3rd Order Bit. However, I go into "drone mode" many times and may have just missed it.

If I don't have 3 or 4-stat clothing I generally do the 2-stat + 2-stat RE method to get my 3rd Order bits.
Ruh [Bounty Hunter] - Ruh' [Smuggler] - Reh [Jedi] - Reh' [Spy] - Ryh [Medic] - Ryh' [Dancer] - Rih' [Commando] - 'Rih [Officer]
ShiodIndustries [Domestics] - ShiodInduztries [Engineer] - ShiodIndustriez [Architect] - ShiodInduztriez [Munitions]
Starsider