foraging macro

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Beast Mastery Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

gelgamesh
Apprentice Crafter

foraging macro

Post by gelgamesh » Fri May 02, 2008 5:39 am

Hey!
I know there's one floating out there somewhere cuz i seen it. I didn't think it was worth using at the time...can anyone show me where to find it again. I can figure most of it, but what command do you use to move your toon off the same spot?

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Re: foraging macro

Post by Monty Burns » Fri May 02, 2008 5:58 am

gelgamesh wrote:Hey!
I know there's one floating out there somewhere cuz i seen it. I didn't think it was worth using at the time...can anyone show me where to find it again. I can figure most of it, but what command do you use to move your toon off the same spot?
The only one I have seen posted is:
macro: forage

/dance:

/pause 1.3;

/dance:

/pause 1.3;

/dance:

/pause 1.3;

/dance:

/pause 1.3;

/dance:

/pause 1.3;

/dance:

/pause 1.3;

/forage;

/pause 3;

/macro forage;

However I rarely forage and when I do I just do it while running around after resources so I don't need a macro.
I am also not so sure about the legality of using a macro like that.

Laidbacca
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Laidbacca » Fri May 02, 2008 8:42 pm

Slight variation of this would be:
/prone;
/pause .5;
/stand;
/pause .5;
/prone;
etc etc etc
/forage;
/pause 3;
/macro forage;

This macro is dependent on your toons height, my wook for example needs 6 prone/pause/stands before foraging however my rodian requires about 9. Also you need flat ground, south of bestine about 1800 where the permanent spawn of bocatts are located is generally a good spot. It shouldn't be possible to afk forage now for any length of time due to the killer worm collection being added, with the worms and npc's this spawns you will end up dead fairly quickly when afk, not sure if a lvl 85+ pet would prevent this.

gelgamesh
Apprentice Crafter

Post by gelgamesh » Sat May 03, 2008 9:26 pm

Thanks guys,
I have a pet to help with the worms so, i'll try it out and report how this is working for me.

xorbok
Forum Moderator

Post by xorbok » Sat May 10, 2008 1:02 pm

gelgamesh wrote:Hey!

If you have a decent foraging macro, the way I used to move my toon off the same spot was /follow
I would pull out a droid, set patrol points, then have my toon follow the droid. I usually sent the droid in a square, about 100m square. The toon would follow in a relatively random pattern due to him stopping to forage, the droid would get a little ahead, causing the toon to round the corners. I will try to find the actual macro i used and post it. It was great for getting map disks, which i subsequently used to sell for about 900k each hehe
ImageImage

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat May 10, 2008 1:14 pm

My best source for disks are otherwise fishing.
Cannot be done AFK though, but I really am not an AFK player.

/Zimoon

gelgamesh
Apprentice Crafter

Post by gelgamesh » Sat May 10, 2008 4:06 pm

Thanks for your help guys,
The stand/prone works but it takes a second loop to get beyond the last foraged area. I'm interested in the /follow idea xorbok because the last time i came back to the keyboard, i was in the cornor of someone's house proning and sitting away and can only imagine what I woulda thought had I returned home to that sight. My 89lvl stintiril can handle the worms/NPCs and it takes about 8 hrs to fill my inv, unless you end up in someones house. lol :lol:

Stobbart
Novice Crafter

Post by Stobbart » Sat May 17, 2008 9:21 pm

Being on TCPrime and talking to QA members, they have said that you can now only get 4 maps per galactic day.

Also, with the worms and random people spawning when foraging one way of doing it maybe if you are a BM and made your pet protect you (droids are too weak to do this).

- Stobbart
Starting up on TCPrime now.

gelgamesh
Apprentice Crafter

yipe, spoke too soon

Post by gelgamesh » Thu May 29, 2008 2:05 am

Apperently, A pet with enchancements from it's toon expertise can kill the worms/NPC. I respecced my jedi/BM to use all the new enhancements leaving my pet with 2 points. This is not enough to take care of the Worms/NPCs. Also, I found out that if an NPC incapps you, he will take one of your worm collections away. I guess some people have to learn the hard way, and I only had one worm to go to get the trophy. :? I'll keep you posted!

fredguilmette
Novice Crafter

Post by fredguilmette » Thu May 29, 2008 4:30 pm

Here one got from SWG forums, there wasa other one use /dance.
But found this one work well. :)

/forage;
/pause .5;
/prone;
/pause .5;
/stand;
/pause .5;
/prone;
/pause .5;
/stand;
/pause .5;
/prone;