Noob Mount question

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Beast Mastery Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Workinclass
Novice Crafter

Noob Mount question

Post by Workinclass » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:49 am

So I wanted to make some mounts and sell them on a vendor. Well I made up about seven mounts before I realized I can't put them on a vendor. So how do I sell mounts on a vendor? Do I sell them in egg form? And now that I have seven mounts made up is there any way to put them on a vendor?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Noob Mount question

Post by Zimoon » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:29 am

Yes, you sell them in egg form, always sell beasts and mounts in egg form.

You can either use the option at the radial menu on the egg to make a mount of it or just sell it straight away and let the buyer do whatever with it.

You put them up for sale on your personal vendor as with any other item, no difference.

Finally, welcome around :D

/Zimoon

xorbok
Forum Moderator

Post by xorbok » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:18 pm

I was selling mounts for about 300k a piece. I just used random enzymes, all it took was a little time so i didnt worry much about the stats as they were going to be primarily mounts anyway. I actually had 2 of my 3 toons (i unlocked jedi back when it gave you an extra slot) set up to make critters. I even found pretty quickly that i could sell 15 pt pets, which is only 3 5 tp hydros, which are pretty easy to get for cheap, and would list them for 1 mill each. I usually had my speed capped incubators going all the time, one working mounts and one on 15 pt creatures. Special orders were no problem as even for a 15 pt creature, DNA is easy enough to get when quality is not a huge factor. Of course, hi end creatures cost a LOT more to make and therefore sell for a LOT more. I would even check the market looking for mounts (eggs) for sale for 200k or so and would buy them up just to try to keep mine stocked. Good luck!!
ImageImage

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:54 pm

Is there an enzyme faq somewhere that explains centrifuges, extractors and such?

I'm about to hatch a kaduu egg for my own mount.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:41 pm

wrackspurt wrote:Is there an enzyme faq somewhere that explains centrifuges, extractors and such?

I'm about to hatch a kaduu egg for my own mount.
Then all you need is:
  • One incubator (any quality but speed is an asset)
  • Some Geothermal Energy
  • An Enzyme Extractor (the cheapest you can find, is a consumable)
  • 1 DNA (from the carcass, Expertize)
  • 3 Lyases (forage the landscape)
  • 3 Hydrolases (from using the extractor on a carcass)
  • 6 Isomerases, any quality (looted from carcasses)
None of the items need to be of any quality, neither do you need to refine the Hydrolases.
  1. Setup the incubator
    • Cleansing it
    • Add some power
    • Initializing it
  2. Open it and add the DNA
  3. Choose experiment
  4. Add Lyases, Hydrolases, and Isomerases
  5. Possibly you need to click one of the dots (if the Isomerases where of good enough quality)
  6. Start the process
  7. Repeat from 3 until the egg is ready, about 3 days
  8. Ready the egg and take it out
Now the egg is ready, either to turn into a mount or hatch as a beast. Nothing special if you want to turn it a mount, it is just an unhatched egg that when you hatch it will become a mount.

I don't know anything about combat beasts but have made many eggs for mounts :D

/Zimoon

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:27 pm

Okay, I've got the incubator and actually did grow the egg from DNA, but never understood where to get hydrolases or why they cost 75k apiece. I also didn't know you could get lysases by foraging. Whenever I forage the only thing I get is fishing bait, it seems.

I'm keeping the kaduu for my own mount, but had thought about selling them out of my vendor. But somebody told me that the only kind of mounts that people were really looking for were those flea things from Mustafar, and the thought of breeding fleas totally grosses me out. Also, I'm assuming most people (except me as of yet) actually buy the boxed set for SWG, so doesn't everybody get that free varactyl?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:47 pm

To my understanding the Varactyl only comes with the Rage of the Wookiees (RotW). Yes if anybody wants the Varactyl and think it's worth the price for the RotW expansion then ...

I sell a few of these, the Varactyl, every now and then. But yet I have not seen a general trend, only that some mounts sell less. Do one of each type you can make a mount from, not everything can be made mounts.

Gross?? You never touches the creature, just the egg :P

Yeah, but the fish bait stack so don't bother with that, just carry on. I do one or two a day to keep me floating. The Hydrolases is OK, you only need one a day. The Isomerases are worse, 2 a day and since they don't stack or such I must out and kill lowly stuff every now and then. I let my CL90 Jedi do that until I have my Commando fit for fight, so I guess the n00bs outside Mos Eisley think I am insane :lol:

/Z

TradeMaster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by TradeMaster » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:37 pm

Kind of a weird question, I understand you get hydrolases from extracting carcasses. Is there any reason to not go Rancor hunting, and get hyrdos from them? (I get extra special joy from hunting them, I dunno why, I just enjoy it).

I mean I figure if I run up to Dath, find a random lair of Rancors someplace (cause they're really hard to find hehe) and spend an hour turning rancors into parts, and I'd have maybe half a dozen hydros, some hides or bones or meat, maybe a couple of articles of clothing to sell or re, and I'm set for the week in beastie cooking ya? Each hydrolase extraction still requires one enzyme extractor use no matter what beastie you're extracting from, right?

I have yet to delve into the pet market egg wise (I sell parts, lots and lots of parts) but I'm thinking of re-expertising one of me into a beastie part collector/cooker.

Ibaum
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Ibaum » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:32 am

Rancors don't give DNA. The only way to get it is from extracting from old deeded creatures, which can run into the 300 mil range. However, you can get some pretty good enzymes as loot from Rancors, as well as from Krayts and a few others. Just no DNA from any of them.

Edit: Oh, nevermind. Misunderstood the question.

/Ibaum

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:02 am

I am certainly no BM expert, probably I hardly qualify as Novice :D

That said, if it is mounts you are looking for quality doesn't matter at all.

Yes, each attempt to extract Hydrolases eats one use off of the extractor. In that way each use can quite costly as some guys sell them expensive. I try to find the cheapest possible :wink:

/Z

xorbok
Forum Moderator

Post by xorbok » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:22 pm

The problem with using cheap extractors is they are usually lesser quality. The better the extractor the better the enzymes. You are right thought, quality makes no difference on mounts at all. I used to get 5 pt hydros, which are relatively easy to get without super hi end extractors, and would make random 15 pt pets and sell them for about 1 mill each and could not keep the vendor stocked.
ImageImage

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:26 pm

Okay, but I get to the store, and they have enzyme extraction controls, centrifuge motors, separation trays...which of this do I actually need?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:06 pm

wrackspurt wrote:Okay, but I get to the store, and they have enzyme extraction controls, centrifuge motors, separation trays...which of this do I actually need?
For mounts? Only one thing, the Enzyme Extraction thing looking like a huge needle 8)

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:15 pm

The exact name is Enzyme Extractor, I just went into game to find them. At the vendor

Misc >> Item >> Enzyme Extractor.

I guess there could be factory crates as well, Misc >> Factory Crates >> Enzyme Extractor. The proble with them is that you cannot read the number of uses, just the number of extractors in the crate. While at a vendor you can compare serial numbers from items to crates though.

/Zimoon

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:41 pm

Man, I've been to BM shops all over the galaxy and to the bazaar. Can't find extractors anywhere. Guess I'm going to have to bug somebody for them.

I'm growing a demented squall right now. It can safely been said that I am in the realm of "mad science" now. :)