Consummables review

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Beast Mastery Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Paria
Apprentice Crafter

Consummables review

Post by Paria » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:56 am

I am brand new in BM craft and need advice from elder BM.
The hardware that I crafted is maxed but consummables are not:

Extractors
. Purity 2.9
. Mutagen 2.9

Tray
. Purity 2.72
. Mutagen 2.81

Canister
. Purity 2.79
. Mutagen 2.88

Capsule
. Purity 2.81
. Mutagen 2.75

Do you think that these will be enough to have a decent bio-lab?
Thanks for your help :D

redwhitenblue
Apprentice Crafter

Re: Consummables review

Post by redwhitenblue » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:55 pm

Is it really possible to have that high of both purity and mutagen? Or are those the numbers from two different sets of components? If that is really what you have I think you will have an excellent lab, escpecially for trying for mutations. While I have not gotten anything but stat mutations I have been told that you don't need 20 point hydros since the process of mutating gives a two point bonus to each of the 6 lines. All of my components are 2.9-2.8 in purity and barely into the positive on mutagen since I didn't have suits when I first made my components and I go straight for 20 point hydros since I don't plan on mutating any pets any time soon.
Akhor Slaga, Architect; Akihawa Aceric, Chef
Catalina Market, Rori, Flurry
1548, 75, -5884

Paria
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Paria » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:27 am

Those numbers are for different sets of components, sorry for the confusion.
My crafters had only 11 exp. points (12 for the WS).

We are working with two friends now to have 13 points for each crafter, we are very interested in BM crafting.
The new components will have the same strength in their major (purity or mutagen) but will be slightly positive in their minor (mutagen or purity).
For example our "purity" Enzyme Extraction Control will be at 0.96 in purity and 0.11 in mutagen instead of -0.17 for the old component.
We have also to craft again the hardware refining lines to avoid malus in their minor.
So far we have understood that crafting an 8 point hydrolase high with an high mutagen power is perhaps a good way (8 + 2x6 = 20).
We don't know yet if this is the right way to "play" with mutations :lol:
Our other problem is the great amount of resources needed for extraction and refining.
Arnh Stardust (Armorsmith or Shipwright) & Mamaria (Droids and Beasts crafter) in ORION on Lok (Chimaera server).

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

Post by fridge33sam » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:30 pm

redwhitenblue wrote:Is it really possible to have that high of both purity and mutagen? Or are those the numbers from two different sets of components? If that is really what you have I think you will have an excellent lab, escpecially for trying for mutations. While I have not gotten anything but stat mutations I have been told that you don't need 20 point hydros since the process of mutating gives a two point bonus to each of the 6 lines. All of my components are 2.9-2.8 in purity and barely into the positive on mutagen since I didn't have suits when I first made my components and I go straight for 20 point hydros since I don't plan on mutating any pets any time soon.
from what i have eavesdropped from my guild beast maestros, the 20 ptrs aren't needed for the mutations, and they rarely waste them when experimenting with mutations. once they have what they consider a locked mutation they will try with the higher hydros. but that is unsubstantiated rumor....
Iron Chef Slakkarr CEO, Fishboi Industries

Guild Joker Nagurra CFO, Wookhunter Enterprises

All Vendors located in Ft Revolt, 800 Meters from the Rebel Outpost on Rori, Flurry Server.

Paria
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Paria » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:53 am

I read that there are two main ways for mutations, on an hydrolase point of view, 8/20/20 and 16/16/16 (or their variants).

I have tried 8/20/20 way recently and I am not fully convinced.
The 1st mutation was "triggered" with an hydrolase purity 8+ high in mutagen (mine was around 8/8, after reprocessing a mixt of purity and mutagen already processed elements).
For next incubation cycles you have to provide hydrolases very high in purity (20 if you can), so lower in mutagen.
In my case the 2nd mutation never happened so I end up with a 45 points Chuba capped at 5% in dodge :?
That was my 1st serious (as a chubafly can be) mutation experimentation.

I will try 16/16/16 way soon but I have to gather good hydrolases before.