Alternative to 'trader's friend'

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Weaponsmith Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

thgilsrooc
Novice Crafter

Alternative to 'trader's friend'

Post by thgilsrooc » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:54 pm

Anyone know a good weapon to craft that is an alternative to 'trader's friend?'

I had the little thing and deleted it by mistake. Thanks.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Re: Alternative to 'trader's friend'

Post by Savacc » Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:26 am

thgilsrooc wrote:Anyone know a good weapon to craft that is an alternative to 'trader's friend?'

Respec to another crafting profession and you will get another.
The Elite Carbine seems to be the best crafted weapon that is available to anyone.

xase
Novice Crafter

Post by xase » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:24 am

You can craft some Mustafar Cube Weapons. You only have to create the schematics at the cube and you have to create the rifle/carbine/Pistol coils or the Melee blades in the cube and than, you can craft it like a normal wepaon.

On Gorath, the crafted Mustafar Weapons, like SFOR Carbine, Disruptor Rifle and so on can be sold very good.

My Munition Trader wears a SFOR Carbine with Trader Stats like, Weapon Assembly, Armor Assambly and Luck
Xasi Zoly
13 pt. Imperial Master Armorsmith
R.I.S. Certificated
Custom Orders only
13 pt. Master Weaponsmith
Xasi´s Master Armorsmith Guide in German

Bricon
Novice Crafter

Post by Bricon » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:15 am

Another good one to try once you are level 90 is the Trandoshan Hunting Rifle. Also, as a backup, I'd suggest getting a Droideka. It's come in handy for me on Dathomir and Endor.

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:53 pm

At 66th level and particularly being a Wookie, I used a curved sword.

kelsaka
Intermediate Crafter

Post by kelsaka » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:19 pm

Bricon wrote: Also, as a backup, I'd suggest getting a Droideka.
Agreed, they make a great companion and are well worth the credits.
~ Kelsaka Rymi ~
SWG Cover Girl September 2008
TRF ~ Naboo ~ Infinity

thegreywolfe
Advanced Crafter

Post by thegreywolfe » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:05 pm

thgilsrooc wrote:Anyone know a good weapon to craft that is an alternative to 'trader's friend?'

Are you planning on going into combat? If yes, then the above responses will help you. However, if you're just looking to have a weapon for appearance, or you want to get one to put a SEA in, just scan through the list and see what you like the appearance of.

Kexi
Novice Crafter

Post by Kexi » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:38 pm

Elite Carbine is good for highest damage. You can easily make it do around 920ish DPS, or you can cap it at about 963DPS.

However I recently made a few batches of the Laser Carbine and prefer it. It's DPS is capped at 843, however you get Heat elemental damage as well. The last one I made did 843 DPS + 25 Heat. It still does less damage than the Elite, but it's nice to do two damage types.

Aside from that, just buy a nice weapon. I currently use an old republic rifle that I bought from a vendor, can't recall the name but it looks like it belongs in WWII. It's like Commanders Rifle or something like that, does 968DPS and it fires these wicked cool purple shots and makes a sweet sound when it fires. I love it and I only paid about 400k for it.

KEXI: Master Weaponsmith on Flurry - Need a capped weapon? Mail me in game - SWGcraft contributors get a special discount

Sahra Adasra
Novice Crafter

Post by Sahra Adasra » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:40 pm

Droidekas are also nice due to the fact they don't require expertise points and if you know a friendly engineer you can trade battle armor segments of any quality or 50,000 credits. Quality really doesn't matter much for most droid resources. 850-ish dps with 9500 armor for when it does draw agro adds a whole lot of versatility for lair clearing

thegreywolfe
Advanced Crafter

Post by thegreywolfe » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:17 pm

Sahra Adasra wrote:Droidekas are also nice due to the fact they don't require expertise points and if you know a friendly engineer you can trade battle armor segments of any quality or 50,000 credits. Quality really doesn't matter much for most droid resources. 850-ish dps with 9500 armor for when it does draw agro adds a whole lot of versatility for lair clearing

Very true, however keep in mind, we don't know yet what will happen with droids when the Droid Commander update goes live.

On another note, I've been crafting and selling elite carbines, and it's great for traders as I can get an 1100 DPS out of it and still have the socket available.

agida
Apprentice Crafter

Post by agida » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:10 am

Since you're a trader and hopefully a lvl 90 - then you can use any high DPS weapon that is not bound by a profession. I had some old FWG 5 Featherweights that I recontructed and added several things to it. It came out with like 1157 DPS and 38 elemental.

1. Used the Range Enhancement and Augmentation
2. Crafted the best weapon core I could - happen to be that I had great resources for electricity
3. Make sure you create or get one with a slot so you can add exotics to the slot like assembly, experimentation etc.

Luv
Agida
Agida - Rebel Ace - Master Shipwright - Flurry
Shop near Nashal /wp 4636 4459
http://www.swg-piloten.com/html/agida_s ... _shop.html

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:20 pm

And as of last night, I have found Nym's Slugthrower to be a good alternative. Dps is not quite as high, but the range makes up for it, I think, plus if you're into vintage weapons, it's like having a WWII submachine gun.

Jamiser
Novice Crafter

Post by Jamiser » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:03 pm

One of my traders uses a CL90 FWG5 with acid at 1122 dps. Another that is a Wook, uses a Master Crafted Bowcaster, it's a pre GU5 so only CL86 at 993 dps with 71 heat, but the GU5 CL90s are around 1132 dps with 74 heat. Both are good for clearing lairs with mobs up to level 60-65 as long as they don't gang up on you. No question, having a Droideka is also a good add. Both weapons are sloted to add mods for assembly, experimentation, Luck or RE chance

Jamiser

Ibaum
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Ibaum » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:43 am

wrackspurt wrote:And as of last night, I have found Nym's Slugthrower to be a good alternative. Dps is not quite as high, but the range makes up for it, I think, plus if you're into vintage weapons, it's like having a WWII submachine gun.
AFAIK Nym's stats are variable... each one is different. A guildie of mine has one with around 700 DPS and mine is over 900 DPS. Mine has not been touched (not de/reconstructed), I'm assuming my guildie's hasn't either as she's been playing since beta.
/Ibaum

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:57 pm

Ibaum wrote: AFAIK Nym's stats are variable... each one is different. A guildie of mine has one with around 700 DPS and mine is over 900 DPS.
Frankly I'm shocked. That's not very fair to people doing the theme park.