Miner and WeaponSmith

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Weaponsmith Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Oceans
Novice Crafter

Miner and WeaponSmith

Post by Oceans » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:18 pm

I have a mining buisness I have ran for over three years on Chilastra where I make pretty good money mining resources and turning a profit selling them. I am pretty familiar with resource classes, schematics, and the like. My question is, I would like to get into becoming a weaponsmith, as I have a pretty good inventory of resources I have kept back for myself from the mining buisness. I have looked through the stickies and such, but I need to know what needs to be put into a suit to be a pretty good weaponsmith stat wise? I have built a RE suit for making powerbits and pup's, but I don't have the slightest clue of the bits that a weapon smith suit needs in it. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Thank you.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Miner and WeaponSmith

Post by Zimoon » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:33 pm

As a WS you need Weapon Exp/Assembly and Luck.

Exp for while you are experimenting.
Assembly for sockets, you need 160.
Luck around 550-600 gives you better amazings and possibly some Lucky Strikes.

Moved you to the WS forum of obvious reasons :lol:

/Zimoon

Oceans
Novice Crafter

Post by Oceans » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:23 pm

Thank you Zimoon! I thought( I know, first mistake) that weap assembly and experimentation were only able to be put into weapon, chest, and shirt? How can I get this to 160? I get it through expertise?

uta'
Novice Crafter

Post by uta' » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:54 pm

Experimentation and assembly are exotics, thus will only go into your shirt, weapon and chestplate, the rest of the suit can be luck only as anything else would be rather useless for crafting.

i believe assembly is capped at 11 per exotic slot
and i think experimentation is at 8 per exotic slot

your chestplate adn weapons can also have a +4 weapon assembly "baked in" during their crafting process

If youre lucky enough, you can also find old SEAs with weapon assembly and/or weapon experiementation in them from the CU, though i must warn you that these can ge rather expensive and good ones are hard to find these days.

You can sometimes even see non-exotic pieces of clothing with something like +22 assembly or experimentaiton (the cap back then was 25 if i recall correctly) but as i mentuioned you must either have a good wad of cash ready to put down for them or be lucky enough to have kept some of these from way back in the PRE-NGE days.

hope this helps.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:17 pm

There is an Entertainer Buff that adds +10 to Assembly and Power Ups can be made with Assembly bonuses.

oceanseleven
Novice Crafter

Post by oceanseleven » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:07 pm

"i believe assembly is capped at 11 per exotic slot"
"and i think experimentation is at 8 per exotic slot"
:
Getting back to what you said earlier. I need 160 for assembly? How is this acheivable with 3 slots on shirt, weap., and chest? With 11 per slot, that would only add up to 33, wouldn't it?

sambril
Novice Crafter

Post by sambril » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:19 pm

As a master trader you get 100 base assembly.
If you take the 4 boxes of Weaponsmith Dexterity expertise you will have another 20.
As you point out the total available from SEAs is 33.
As uta' said you can get another 4 each built in to a weapon and chestplate for a total of 8.

This means a grand total of 161 assembly which is enough to ensure sockets.

Other sources of assembly are the entertainer buff, power ups, weaponsmith relic ring, weaponsmith tool set, helper monkey, pre NGE skill tapes - but you should not need any of these.
(former) Engineering Senator

Sambril Starlight, FarStar: Elder Entertainer, Alliance General (retired), Basilisk: Master Entertainer, Master Dancer, Musician, Image Designer.
Joylin Lightstar, FarStar: Elder Droid Engineer, Basilisk: Droid Engineer

Oceans
Novice Crafter

Post by Oceans » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:24 pm

Ok. Thank you very much for all your help guys. As I said earlier, I am a miner and never really delved into the crafting profession. Just use him to fund my combat character basically.
:
One more question, and I will leave you all alone.
On artisan assembly and experimentation, is that used for domestics? I see weapon assembly and exption., and armor assembly and exption., but do not understand what artisan assembly and exption is used for? Thank you again for all your help on this forum. I really appreciate it.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:33 pm

You have it partly right. Chefs are the only crafters who have any need for Artisan Experimentation suits. Munitions certainly does not.

All the crafting professions have some schematics that use Artisan Skill, the very beginning schematics, lvl 1-18. This is a carryover from the pre NGE game, where Artisan was the starting profession for all crafters, then the others were advanced professions branching off of Artisan.

sambril
Novice Crafter

Post by sambril » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:50 pm

Savacc wrote:You have it partly right. Chefs are the only crafters who have any need for Artisan Experimentation suits. Munitions certainly does not.

All the crafting professions have some schematics that use Artisan Skill, the very beginning schematics, lvl 1-18. This is a carryover from the pre NGE game, where Artisan was the starting profession for all crafters, then the others were advanced professions branching off of Artisan.
Engineers have all the artisan schematics and so can also craft the artisan level food, though they may need to import tissues and larger containers from Domestics.

Another thing that would benefit from artisan experimentation are personal harvesters which can be made by Munitions, Engineers and Structures.

In addition the construction tools used by the attacking side in a city invasion use artisan experimentation. These can be made by all crafters. The ones used by the defending side use one of the advanced experimentation skills depending on the tool - Munitions use weaponsmith skills for the turret tools for example.

Artisan assembly is used for sockets on low level clothes, some of which are available to all crafters.
(former) Engineering Senator

Sambril Starlight, FarStar: Elder Entertainer, Alliance General (retired), Basilisk: Master Entertainer, Master Dancer, Musician, Image Designer.
Joylin Lightstar, FarStar: Elder Droid Engineer, Basilisk: Droid Engineer

maxmillian
Novice Crafter

Post by maxmillian » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:47 pm

There is a reason to put more than just Luck on your other non-exotic slots. If you enjoy participating in the City Battles then having some extra combat related stats can come in handy as a crafter during the fighting phase, as you are getting shot at while running around repairing stuff. I would recommend Agility and Constitution to go along with the Luck for defensive purposes.

This has nothing to do directly with crafting per se, but it does have to do with activity that many crafters enjoy doing these days.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:00 am

maxmillian wrote:There is a reason to put more than just Luck on your other non-exotic slots. If you enjoy participating in the City Battles then having some extra combat related stats can come in handy as a crafter during the fighting phase, as you are getting shot at while running around repairing stuff. I would recommend Agility and Constitution to go along with the Luck for defensive purposes.

This has nothing to do directly with crafting per se, but it does have to do with activity that many crafters enjoy doing these days.
Plus the possible benefits while clearing out a lair to put down harvesters, so I guess it might be semi-related :)

Zimoon

Oceans
Novice Crafter

Post by Oceans » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:02 pm

Would adding Stamina to your non-exotic pieces of armor help you keep up with the 3rd lvl of hand sampling time decrease between samples? I have been thinking about this, and it seems when I try to take that 3rd level in the time decrease box between samples, I run out of action to keep up with the time difference.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:36 pm

Not sure, I am under the impression that Action is the size of the "rested" pool but it does not affect regeneration speed. However, having a bigger action pool gives you a little leeway until you are exhausted and stands up, a few more samples are taken. Next thing is how long a pause you have in your macro, if you will regen 100% or if you begin to sample again before you are fully rested. I know other players who use both Stamina and Constitution to up the Action pool, I have not used it and the less do I have some hard numbers. While on it, Chandad is said to up the yield somewhat :)

Zimoon