SPLIT: new topic: question on bio-linked weapons

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Weaponsmith Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Omom A-wo
Novice Crafter

SPLIT: new topic: question on bio-linked weapons

Post by Omom A-wo » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:27 pm

i came across something rather intiresting i had a M-XX heavy rifle that comes from rustess comms and was going to surprise a mando buddy of mine with it deconstructed it and it bio linked it to me which does me no good lol so is it fair to assume that all the reward weapos have to be deconstructed by the person who is going to use it?
Last edited by Zimoon on Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split because of necro

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: SPLIT: new topic: question on bio-linked weapons

Post by Zimoon » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:21 am

Yes, this is for safety.

This way the crafter cannot be blamed for running away with it as the item is useless for anybody but the owner. Neither can he be blamed for switching it for something else of less value. And so forth. Hence this is good for the crafter.

Whether bio-linking is good or bad in the general sense is another topic. At least it makes it for the more sales as there is no 2nd hand market.

/Zimoon

Omom A-wo
Novice Crafter

Post by Omom A-wo » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:46 pm

i agree that it is good the only thing at the time is i was not aware of this and was shocked when the weapon was bio linked to me but i am happy to say that soe was nice and gave me another one so i was able to bio link it to the right toon came out ok at 1359 dps 3 dps under cap

RokN
Novice Crafter

Post by RokN » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:11 am

DevShade has stated that the Biolink upon Deconstruction mechanic will eventually be removed. However, he has not yet removed the Biolink on Purchase from many items, which will likely have to happen before he moves on to the Decon change.