C-M Frag Storm Heavy Shotgun elemental damage?

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Weaponsmith Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

DeathTrooper
Novice Crafter

C-M Frag Storm Heavy Shotgun elemental damage?

Post by DeathTrooper » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:50 pm

Can anyone tell me if the shotgun has Heat or Kinetic elemental damage? Getting some conflicting info. I'd previously believed the shotgun had Kinetic base + Kinetic elemental damage. If it only has Kinetic+Heat then I see no difference between it and Launcher Pistols and Rocket Launchers/The Void. Until today, I thought this was the only Kinetic elemental ranged weapon in the game, like the Heavy Particle Beam Cannon's seemingly unique Kinetic base + Energy elemental.

If you have one of these on a commando, can you tell me if they are still profession restricted since GU16 changes, and if it is Kinetic elemental, does the damage "stack" with the Burn attacks like regular elemental types?

Attoy
Apprentice Crafter

Re: C-M Frag Storm Heavy Shotgun elemental damage?

Post by Attoy » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:04 am

I've got it with my mando. At the moment it's kinetic/kinetic and there's no more profession restriction. I don't know if the newly crafted still got kinetic/kinetic. Yes, mine stacks kinetic DoT with Burns specials.

DeathTrooper
Novice Crafter

Post by DeathTrooper » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:32 am

Thank you for your reply, being a WS I like to know about weapons, and this one has intrigued me since I first heard about it. Hope to have one some day, but I guess I'll have to start going to Restuss first. :)

Attoy
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Attoy » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:10 pm

DeathTrooper wrote:Thank you for your reply, being a WS I like to know about weapons, and this one has intrigued me since I first heard about it. Hope to have one some day, but I guess I'll have to start going to Restuss first. :)
You welcome :) Yes, that will be surely a start point ;)

morganz
Novice Crafter

Post by morganz » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:24 am

I am not familiar if the shotgun has heat or kinetic elemental damage, needs to know more about that weapon.

Omom A-wo
Novice Crafter

Post by Omom A-wo » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:12 pm

I have this weapon as well its a GREAT weapon for PVP havent really noticed that it works well in PVE but it is Amazing for PVP

i included the stats of my weapon

C-M Frag Storm Heavy Shotgun
Base Type: Kinetic
Category: Free Targeting Heavy Weapon
Attack Speed: 1
Damage: 514-1340
Elemental Type: Kinetic
Elemental Damage: 216
Weapon DPS: 1359