Request for more insight on WS

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Weaponsmith Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Request for more insight on WS

Post by Zimoon » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:33 am

Hi friends,

As I have said before I have never dabbled in WS, never ever, what I know of crafting a weapon is what I know of basic crafting and what I can conclude from reading schematics. I guess that will take me quite a bit. However...

I ask anybody of you to post some insight on a few questions to scatter some clouds.
This would enable me and others to efficiently maintain schematics here at SWGCraft that are related to WS.

There are a few types of schematics, this is how I recognize them:
--- regular -- draft schematics a WS learn as he levels up
--- loot + reward -- a schematic that is looted or from a quest and that has just one or a few uses
--- deconstructed -- a weapon that is looted, rewarded, or bought for "coins" and that has the option to be deconstructed into a schematic, one use only, bio-linked to the owner of the weapon
... are there more WS schematic types?

The regular, looted, and rewarded schematics are no-brainers, right?
Are there any of these schematics that "overlap" naming-wise? Or are all names unique?

The schematics from deconstruction, these seem to often be name-overlapping, right?
What about resource and component requirement, when names overlap, are the requirements different? Or are they often or always the same?
Or put differently, must there always be one entry for the not-deconstructed weapon and one entry for the deconstructed entry?

Is there ever a need for more than two entries?

Side-note question: If there must always be two pr more entries, should the type read at the list of schematics at http://www.swgcraft.org/dev/schematics.php?mode=view ?

Is there anything else related to schematics and how they are listed and or presented here at SWGCraft that you think is important? Regarding components? Regarding anything else that is not obvious for a non-WS crafter?

-------------------------------------------------

The reason for these questions is that while a few of us schematics maintainers have worked through the more than 1800 schematics we have found quite a few WS schematics where we are confused. We also find schematics that are doubled or even tripled, but at least myself am not 100% sure which one is correct and which is not, thus they are left as is and we need to figure out.

Another reason is that now when my developing version of SWGAide comes up and displays schematics I see a lot of tags for "unknown" and "error". I also find that categorization is not always 100% correct. You will see soon™ :D

If there is anybody of you that is not a schematics maintainer but would like to join in and update what you find, give a shout. Read this guide first: http://www.swgcraft.org/forums/viewtopi ... =18&t=2153

Looking forward to pristine schematics :)
Greetings

/Zimoon

DeathTrooper
Novice Crafter

Re: Request for more insight on WS

Post by DeathTrooper » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:58 am

Two weapon schematics I do not see listed are the "Nak'tra Crystal Knife" and the "Tusken King Rifle". These might qualify as other types of schematics.

The knife is learned from an NPC on Kashyyyk, can only be learned by a munitions trader, requires a "crafting quest" task to complete, and rewards a permanent/unlimited schematic. A plus note is that you keep the 5 knives crafted for the quest, and if they are made well they will be decent dps, socketed, and require no bio-link, making them suitable for use as crafting tools shared between characters or players. Knives crafted from the rewarded scematic require bio-linking as usual. Each knife requires 3 looted Nak'tra Crystals "with serial number!" There are some crystals being sold without the serial numbers. The schematic will not accept these.

The "Tusken King Rifle" from the Darkwalker Estate quests can be deconstructed for a seemingly typical single use schematic, but I think the trade restrictions and automatic bio-linking make it a rather unique type of schematic. The reward weapon is a "no-trade" item from Borvo the Hutt in Moenia. Once deconstructed, the schematic can be traded but is bio-linked to the original owner. The newly crafted rifle is once again "no-trade" but is still bio-linked to the original owner! This of course means the crafter cannot give the finished weapon to the original owner, nor can the crafter use the weapon since it is bio-linked to the original owner. The only way to wield this weapon is to earn it AND craft it yourself. However, there is a way to get as many schematics as you want for yourself for different elemental types or decorations. When you receive the rifle from Borvo, put it in your bank or house then return later to Borvo and say you lost it. He'll say he found it and give you another rifle. Store that one and go back for more. You might have to wait for a server reset before you get the lost and found dialogue with Borvo. When you have enough schems for your own use, get one more rifle from Borvo and complete the Darklighter quests for your Krayt skull. I do not think you can get more rifles from Borvo once you complete the quest.

I don't know if you'd consider these different types of schematics or not, but to me they are. The knife schem is pretty much the same as Marauder Recon/Assault Armor or R.I.S. Armor schems, craft so many for an NPC and learn it permanently. The re-crafted TK rifle might be valued by weaponsmiths for the fact that only a WS or former WS can use it, but it deserves a note of warning that a WS should never agree to craft this for another player, nor should a player ask or allow another WS to craft one for them (btw, I learned this after crafting it for my alt).

You also asked about different entries for regular and looted/deconstructed schematics? I'm not sure if this is what you're asking, but the looted versions will be named differently and do seem to use different resources than the regular versions. I've yet to see a deconstructed schem with the same name as a regular one, even though many are variations of regular weapons. "The 'Void'" is a "Rocket Launcher" and the "Corellian Destroyer" is a "Lightning Beam Cannon", but the schematics are not the same. (In fact, I think the last time I checked "the Void" schem was listed in the crafting tool under "rifles" instead of heavy weapons, which to me is a bug and might be worth noting on a schem here if not already done.) I hope this helps somewhat, as SWGCraft has been a great help to my mining and crafting. If I can answer any WS questions I will be happy to do so. Good work and good luck.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:03 am

DeathTrooper wrote:.... the looted versions will be named differently and do seem to use different resources than the regular versions. I've yet to see a deconstructed schem with the same name as a regular one, even though many are variations of regular weapons. "The 'Void'" is a "Rocket Launcher" and the "Corellian Destroyer" is a "Lightning Beam Cannon", but the schematics are not the same. ...
Thanks, this answers my immediate question. Somebody will look into the schematics you mentioned ... I am off to work soon so...

Welcome around and congrats to your first post here :D

/Zimoon

DeathTrooper
Novice Crafter

Post by DeathTrooper » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:27 am

A little follow up. I checked again and the Nak'tra Crystal Knife schem is listed on the site here. It's listed as a deconstructed schem, which is paritally true. The 5 knives you craft for the quest can be traded, deconstructed, and recrafted. These are the schematics and deconstructable versions you can buy from vendors, and grant 1 use per schem. Completing the NPC quest adds the permanent schematic to your datapad.

The "Tusken King's Rifle" from the Tatooine quest "Finding Huff's Rifle" is a single use schematic, uses the exact same resources as the regular "Tusken Rifle", and requires Munitions Fundamentals VI to learn. I just did the quests anew with another trader/WS to make sure my info is good.

I did not see schematics here for The Void or the Blackscale Acid Launcher...

*The Void (deconstrcued) listed under Rifles in crafting tool but is actually Special Heavy Weapon (Rocket Launcher)
1. Requires 150 Steel
2. Requires 40 Copper
3. Requires 20 Polymer
4. Requires 45 units of Crystalline Gemstone
5. Requires 20 units of Carbonate Ore
6. Requires 1 Blaster Rifle Barrel
7. Requires 1 Heavy Weapon Core
8. Requires 1 Weapon Scope (Optional)
9. Requires 1 Weapon Stock (Optional)

DeathTrooper
Novice Crafter

Post by DeathTrooper » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:00 am

Zimoon wrote:
We also find schematics that are doubled or even tripled, but at least myself am not 100% sure which one is correct and which is not, thus they are left as is and we need to figure out.
Example: Massassi Guardian Carbine has 3 schematics. Two list all the same info except one says type "looted" and has a screenshot and the other "deconstructed" without a screen. I'd say they can be safely combined into 1 entry. The 3rd schem asks for "Requires 3 identical Advanced Blaster Power Handler", which suggests to me it's an obsolete schem as I've yet to see that part listed on any of my schems. If you have duplicate schems where one asks for this part and the other does not, I'd bet my credits on the latter. The Wookiee Recon Bowcaster is the only weapon I've seen with any sort of non-munitions component, but I certainly have not crafted every weapon.

The experimental stat requirements for the odd schem also say obsolete, listing stats as OQ-50/CD-50. I've only seen OQ-66/SR-33 stats for weapon appearances. This can help spot old schems.

Example: Elite Gaderiffi Baton has 2 schems. The ingredients look normal for both, but one lists stats as SR-100 and the other as OQ-66/SR-33. Again, I'd bet on the latter (plus the 1st schem notes "removed in GU5").

Lastly, I've been checking schems I come across and so far all deconstructed weapons have required Munitions Fundamentals VI to learn. This includes the following weapons listed here as "unknown":
Blackbane Nail, Blackhand Annihilator, Fallann Hyper-Rifle, Jawa Ion Pistol, Kashyyyk Spiritblade, Strike Assault Lance, Vexa Flechette Pistol

I can't say all deconstructed weapons require the same skill to learn, but it's looking that way.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:49 pm

Thanks for all feedback, great.

Some of the info I will try to use as soon as I get some spare time, other would be awesome if you posted at the schematics comments field for each of those you come across. Or if you want to apply as schematics maintainer ;)

/Zim