reinforcement cores

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Weaponsmith Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Dv8
Novice Crafter

reinforcement cores

Post by Dv8 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:17 am

I found a few crates of reinforcement cores and advanced reinforcement cores in one of my houses but can't find a schem that uses them. Are these items obsolete?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: reinforcement cores

Post by Zimoon » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:47 am

Hi dv8 and congratz to your first post here, welcome :)

First off, I am no munitions guy, that and shipwright are white areas at my map, so...

I found this link http://www.swgcraft.org/dev/viewschematic.php?schem=513 linked to from some melee schematics.
However, munitions is one sweet spot at this site when it comes to schematics, not so many AS/WS care maintaining them, I don't know why. So it is possible that the information/schematic is obsolete.

I think it is obsolete but in a bit I will log in a "master" munition I have just for reading schematics, the poor guy has not even crafted a pocket knife in his life 8)

BTW, I never used SEARCH at this site, did you?

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:52 am

Confirmed, there is no draft schematic named Advanced Reinforcement Core, it seems replaced with Advanced Melee Weapon Reinforcement which is used in one of Basic/Standard/Advanced Melee Weapon Core. Not 100% sure what has replaced what though.

This was changed in Game Update 5, Google have some hits when I searched for "SWG Reinforcement Core" whereof some where the SOE Friday Features from the time (mid-2008 something). I tried search here at SWGCraft but it didn't give anything more useful though.

/Zimoon

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:11 pm

It also says that it was removed with Game Update 5 on the schematic page aswell as the first comment on the schematic page.

And just so my post isn't entirely a waste of time and bandwidth, here is the list of schematics we have flagged as having been removed with Game Update 5:
Advanced Blaster Power Handler
Advanced Chemical Dispersion Mechanism
Advanced Projectile Feed Mechanism
Advanced Reinforcement Core
Advanced Sword Core
Blade Vibro Unit
Blaster Power-handler
C12 Fragmentation Grenade
C22 Fragmentation Grenade
Chemical Warhead
Chemical-dispersion Mechanism
CryoBan Grenade
Glop Grenade
Heavy Warhead Mechanism
Imperial Detonator
Light Warhead Mechanism
Medium Warhead Mechanism
Projectile Feed Mechanism
Proton Grenade
Reinforcement Core
Rifle Stock
Sword Core
Thermal Detonator
Warhead Fusing Mechanism
Warhead Stabilizing Device
Weapon Scope

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:02 pm

I have meanwhile been trying to find updated schematics for the pre-GU-5 schematics but a lot of the looted/rewarded have screen-shots and so of the ready-made weapon boasting about the good outcome, no screenies of the schematic itself.

I am getting a little grumpy about this, let me tell why :(

/grumpy on

At the official SOE/SWG Munitions forum there are a tendency to say that SWGCraft is not up-to-date. Not everybody does, but there is an evident tendency. So what? None of the guys complaining never support SWGCraft, yet they expect everything to be fine and shiny.

Please, less boasting and more support, is that too much to ask for?

A screen-shot of the schematic, preferably from the datapad because it has a tad more details than from the crafting tool, but either way is better than noting. Then schematics maintainers or moderators here can update or add the schematic.

Exactly how many that are missing or out-of-date is hard for me to say since I have never done Munitions.

/grumpy off

Cheers

/Zimoon

Dv8
Novice Crafter

Post by Dv8 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:17 pm

thank you all i did try search. I guess i'll put them on a shelf in a muesem and thanks again.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:55 pm

Dv8 wrote:thank you all i did try search. I guess i'll put them on a shelf in a muesem and thanks again.
Hehe, yeah, some pay loads for these old stuff, just for the purpose you mentioned, museum.
That makes SWG one of those games where also tiny but extinct components are valuated sky-high :mrgreen:

/Zim