simple question regarding "amazing success's"

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Weaponsmith Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

stravos
Novice Crafter

simple question regarding "amazing success's"

Post by stravos » Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:52 am

it seems that either i have terrible luck or i am just doing something wrong. No matter what i am doing i am just not getting amazing success s while making cores and other items. I am using good resources, clothing consists of chest plate, shirt, weapon (each with assembly, experimentation and luck, the chest plate and weapon had assembly baked in before i added the SEAs). i have a weaponsmith bandolier and ring. my remaining clothing has a little luck in it, i think 27s for now.

resources, well i am not sure if i can get any better then what i have, on my server that is, i am reading the schematics right, looking into the stats i need

when i craft, i have a 45 station, use bespin port, city has specialization.

is there something i am missing on getting amazing successes'

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: simple question regarding "amazing success's"

Post by Zimoon » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:11 am

Everything sounds just fine with regards to suit and buffs.

It is debated how much Luck adds to to the stew but why not try boost Luck, perhaps just Entertainer and some looted stims to begin with?

Sometimes we all face terrible misfortune for days, and other weeks we get amazings for days. IRL fortune it seems. Personally, if I am unlucky I quit what I am doing and go doing something else, trying again in a day or two.

On the other hand, we see this at combat side too, I was hunting some looted pieces once, was at the spot many players advised, and for two weeks got nothing though I was there about 4 to 6 hours a day that period. Then, suddenly, in 3 hours I got them all :shock:
Explain that.

/Zimoon

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:17 pm

stravos wrote:it seems that either i have terrible luck or i am just doing something wrong. No matter what i am doing i am just not getting amazing success s while making cores and other items. I am using good resources, clothing consists of chest plate, shirt, weapon (each with assembly, experimentation and luck, the chest plate and weapon had assembly baked in before i added the SEAs). i have a weaponsmith bandolier and ring. my remaining clothing has a little luck in it, i think 27s for now.

resources, well i am not sure if i can get any better then what i have, on my server that is, i am reading the schematics right, looking into the stats i need

when i craft, i have a 45 station, use bespin port, city has specialization.

is there something i am missing on getting amazing successes'
You are noticing pretty much what everyone else is, some time around the addition of Death Troopers something happened to the amazing chance and now instead of getting capped cores 2 out of 3 attempts you are lucky to get 1 in 5 attempts.

A lot of Weaponsmiths seem to have put a hold on making high end weapons due to this as all of your expensive components go into the core.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:31 am

Thanks MB, I should keep a low profile in Munitions since this is my weak spot. The only weapon I have crafted after NGE is Decorative Knives :oops:
/Zimoon

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:55 pm

The main problem aside from the frustration factor is that cores contain augmentations and power bits so it becomes very hard to say to some guy who has spent his savings buying all the components to make the weapon of their dreams that there is now next to no chance he is going to get it unless he is extremely lucky but instead of you capped weapon here is one that is about 80% but if they had purchased it a month or two ago I would have guaranteed it.

I would not have had an issue with this had we not have had it better before, in my opinion it became too late for a nerf.

Anyway this problem is fairly heavily discussed on the SOE forums so maybe something will happen.