Question on Core Mods

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Weaponsmith Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Locked
Olgoat
Novice Crafter
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:57 pm

Question on Core Mods

Post by Olgoat » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:08 pm

Hiya all. I'm fairly new to the whole crafting proffession and was curious on adding in mods in the crafting process (i.e weapons and chest plates). I know that experimentation modifications will not fit during this process but what about Devastation mods? On my combat side I am re-visiting Commando and looking at redoing a suit and weapons for him to compliment the profession more. On Bloodfin the economy is way out of proportion (IMHO) and before I go spending credits, and a lot at that, I'd like to know if I need to get enough for my chest plate and weapons outside of SEA's. As it stands now I need at a minimum of 7 devastation mods just for SEA's. If these mods can go into the cores, then I'll need 14 lol.

By the way, WHAT A GREAT SITE!!!

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:39 am
Location: Texas, USA

Re: Question on Core Mods

Post by fridge33sam » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:19 pm

Welcome to the Forums! Well, the REAL ones anyway!

Being a Commando myself, I know the Devastation SEAs are out of whack simply because of the rarity of components to make so they are horribly over priced! However, I'm not sure that you can put them in chestplate cores, I think you can add the extra core to a modded weapon, but nothing else.

I could be wrong, my trader is a Chef Extraordinaire! :mrgreen:
Iron Chef Slakkarr CEO, Fishboi Industries

Guild Joker Nagurra CFO, Wookhunter Enterprises

All Vendors located in Ft Revolt, 800 Meters from the Rebel Outpost on Rori, Flurry Server.

Josh02886
Novice Crafter
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:52 pm

Re: Question on Core Mods

Post by Josh02886 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:38 am

Am I reading this right? I honestly don't think that I am. It sounds like he's saying that I can cook a bit in twice? If this is correct can someone please explain?

Sorry for the temporary hijacking of this thread but this I've got to know.

User avatar
Zimoon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4817
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:55 am
Location: Stockholm, SE
Contact:

Re: Question on Core Mods

Post by Zimoon » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:02 am

No, you cannot.

On a SEA you can only add same-modifier once.

For weapons and breastplates you can also add a inherent modifier by the use of the optional Armor or Weapon Power Bit during crafting. This bit is special as it "diffuses" the power with 60% leaving it at just 40%. Hence the modifier ratio sets the practical limit and only a mod-ratio <= 11 is useful because

Code: Select all

33/11 = 3 * 0.4 = 1.2 --> 1
but

Code: Select all

24/12 = 2 * 0.4 = 0.8 --> 0
(using the power that best/cheapest fits the ratio).

Devastation is ratio 15 so no luck there.

Zimoon

User avatar
Oceans
Novice Crafter
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:32 am

Re: Question on Core Mods

Post by Oceans » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:07 pm

NVM. I'm dumb. lol

User avatar
Zimoon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4817
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:55 am
Location: Stockholm, SE
Contact:

Re: Question on Core Mods

Post by Zimoon » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:06 pm

Oceans wrote:NVM. I'm dumb. lol
if the complexity of some stuff in swg is a tad high at times does not mean you or anybody else is dumb. there are loads of stuff that is not obvious or that do not even hint about alternative results/answers.

we are all newbs at one point, only some remain as n00bs forever 8)

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests