+10 experimentation tape

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Weaponsmith Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Rooster
Novice Crafter

+10 experimentation tape

Post by Rooster » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:23 am

Where should i put this? pants? gloves?hat?

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Re: +10 experimentation tape

Post by Savacc » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:39 am

A +10 Experimentation Tape can only be a Pre NGE looted tape. Because of that it is not limited to the "exotic" locations (shirt, breastplate, weapon) like the crafted SEAs we make today. Because it can go somewhere else, that is where you, most likely, want to put it, and save the "exotic" locations for something else (like more Experimentation tapes). Put the pre NGE tape in shoes, boots, pants, belt, bandoleer, gloves or a hat. Do not put them in any kind of shirt, jacket, vest, apron, cloak, dress, bodysuit or robe.

Rooster
Novice Crafter

Post by Rooster » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:27 pm

I put it into the weaponsmiths toolset bandolier. +13 experimentation and +5 assembly now.

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:26 am

Tell me you didnt :shock:

Sorry, I didnt think about the old weaponsmith's mod being a bandoleer :cry:

Well, you made a mistake, but its not a total loss. :( Your Bandoleer is only going to be +10. Im sorry, but you have never been able to stack two mods of the exact same type on the same piece of clothing. The +10 Weapons Experimentation tape you just put on will override the original +3. It will give you a +10 bonus, not +13. :x

Like I said, its not a total loss. You still have a +10 Bandoleer that you can now combine with a shirt, breastplate and weapon to get potentially +34 Experimentation. You do realize that only the first +25 counts towards gaining Experimentation Points right?

Rooster
Novice Crafter

Post by Rooster » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:10 am

The skill mod tab in my character sheet says i have 110 experimentation with no mods. With +5 shirt, +5 chest, +5 weapon and the +13 toolset equipped, it reads 138. I have 13 experimentation points. I know I get 2 points for +20 experimentation. The +3 is now wasted? and the extra +5 is laying in wait for an upgrade?

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:48 am

OK two issues here.

I could be wrong about your Weaponsmith's Bandolier (my spell checker is telling me it is spelled "bandoleer") anyway, if your char sheet is right you could be getting +13 on it, or your char sheet could be wrong.

For SEAs there is a cap of +25 Experimentation Skill for the purpose of determining how many Experimentation Points you receive. As you have noted, you get an Experimentation Point for every ten points of Experimentation Skill. I was concerned you might think that if you got your skill over 140 (by putting higher mods on the shirt, breastplate and weapon then you did) you could get 14 Experimentation Points. I wanted you to know that you can not. 13 Experimentation Points (which your suit gives you) is the maximum that a Weaponsmith can get, under the current rules. So yes, anything over 130 skill is kind of wasted, for now.

There is a way you could check this out. Find a friend in the game who has a +8 Weapensmith Experimentation shirt. Wear just that and your Bandoleer and see if you still get 13 Experimentation Points, or only 12.

Rooster
Novice Crafter

Post by Rooster » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:10 pm

I tested it with a +8 experimemtation shirt and yes i have 13 experimentation points. Crafted exotic modifiers do indeed stack on toolsets.

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:01 pm

Rooster wrote:I tested it with a +8 experimemtation shirt and yes i have 13 experimentation points. Crafted exotic modifiers do indeed stack on toolsets.
Well, except that you put a pre NGE Looted mod on a pre NGE Weaponsmith Bandoleer, a "Crafted, Exotic" Clothing Attachment would not go onto a bandoleer, since they can only go on shirts (or a Duster).

That is interesting to hear, that your CA did stack with the Weaponsmith Toolkit bonus. In the pre NGE game, had you combined them, they would have behaved as I suggested, the higher, +10 tape would have overridden the +3 from the Bandoleer. Something in the code changed after chap 8 and the new RE system was added to make Crafted SEAs. It's not a big deal, since there are going to be precious few pre NGE skill tapes available and not many Weaponsmith Toolkits either. The chance that someone else is ever going to duplicate what you have just done is very remote.

Rooster
Novice Crafter

Post by Rooster » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:56 am

Just found out that the +10 should have replaced the innate +3 in the toolset instead of stacking with it, some kinda bug introduced with GU12. Apparently it will be fixed and my +13 will be reduced to +10. But, the way SWG fixes things that could take years, if ever ha.