A Chef's Ignorance

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Weaponsmith Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

A Chef's Ignorance

Post by fridge33sam » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:26 pm

Oh great and honorable weaponsmiths, I call upon thee to answer the questions of the untrained... :mrgreen:

So, I finished the BH Master collection for the first time :!: and now I want to get my schematics crafted. I have some of the augs and mods collected, but what are the highest values of each? I need max dps, so I'm I'm assuming Rifle/Carbine damage and crit chance would be best for me. Does this have any effect on the SEAs I can add after the weapon is crafted?

Any suggestions, oh Gurus of the great and terrible weapons of destruction... :?:
Iron Chef Slakkarr CEO, Fishboi Industries

Guild Joker Nagurra CFO, Wookhunter Enterprises

All Vendors located in Ft Revolt, 800 Meters from the Rebel Outpost on Rori, Flurry Server.

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

Re: A Chef's Ignorance

Post by fridge33sam » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:37 pm

anyone?

All Vendors located in Ft Revolt, 800 Meters from the Rebel Outpost on Rori, Flurry Server.

MoonDragn
Apprentice Crafter

Post by MoonDragn » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:56 am

Read the http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/forums/viewto ... f=14&t=811 on this website. It explains almost everything you need to know about RE, including the ratios for the mods you want. Towards the end there you'll see a conversion ratio, that means how many times your powerbit will be divided to arrive at the actual strength.

Take a look at Critical hit chance, it has a 15 conversion ratio. That means the highest strength you can get is 35/15 or 2.3333 or 2 since it gets rounded down. According to the guide, anything you craft inherently into the weapon is further reduced to 40% of the modifier, in this case, 2 x .4 = .8 Rounded down, you get 0.

So for Crit hit chance, you can put one in, but you're gonna get nothing out of it.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:19 am

I believe OP asked about Enhancements and/or Augments. Being no expert I simply copied a nice guide recently posted at our guild's forum (we have the best Traders available in our guild I believe). The guide is rather written for buyers than for WS, but is that not what OP wanted? :)

>>> A Buyer's Guide: Order Custom-made Weapons

/Zimoon

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

Post by fridge33sam » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:23 am

Zimoon wrote:I believe OP asked about Enhancements and/or Augments. Being no expert I simply copied a nice guide recently posted at our guild's forum (we have the best Traders available in our guild I believe). The guide is rather written for buyers than for WS, but is that not what OP wanted? :)

>>> A Buyer's Guide: Order Custom-made Weapons

/Zimoon
You nailed it on the head Zimoon! Thanks! I spent almost an hour being 'schooled' on this with out guild's uber-ws, once he finally got online near midnight my time, so here I am at work 5 hours later and REALLY tired!

The guide you copied above is well written and easy for a noob like me to understand.

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

Post by fridge33sam » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:15 pm

MoonDragn wrote:Read the http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/forums/viewto ... f=14&t=811 on this website. It explains almost everything you need to know about RE, including the ratios for the mods you want. Towards the end there you'll see a conversion ratio, that means how many times your powerbit will be divided to arrive at the actual strength.

Take a look at Critical hit chance, it has a 15 conversion ratio. That means the highest strength you can get is 35/15 or 2.3333 or 2 since it gets rounded down. According to the guide, anything you craft inherently into the weapon is further reduced to 40% of the modifier, in this case, 2 x .4 = .8 Rounded down, you get 0.

So for Crit hit chance, you can put one in, but you're gonna get nothing out of it.
OK, now I'm confused and a little disapointed. I have a rifle crit chance 2 (along with rifle action 3 and rifle damage 3) as a mod on my beloved bowcaster atm, does that mean that I am getting a bonus or not? This was pre-GU8 or 9 when the cores got the ability to have another mod bit put into it.

Can someone give me some advice on my upcoming Master Carbine? I obviously want to get max dps/action reduction/etc. What should I be looking for in terms of the core mod, and the the respective bit for the socket?

thanks in advance
/Nagurra (BH)
/Slakkarr (Chef)

MoonDragn
Apprentice Crafter

Post by MoonDragn » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:49 pm

Sorry to confuse you, but what you have on that Bowcaster would be available through an enhancement that you can put into the socket on your weapon, which can be later taken out by a weaponsmith with a tool if you want to change it.

The numbers you have on that bowcaster sounds about right for the max numbers you can get on those modifiers (I think rifle dmg can only get to +2).