Really, really noob question

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Weaponsmith Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Trixie9819
Apprentice Crafter

Really, really noob question

Post by Trixie9819 » Sat May 30, 2009 9:47 pm

I use my munitions for BM stuff, I've never made a weapon. But a friend wants a decorative version so I thought, what the heck, how hard could it be?

He wants a Rykk blade, and that calls for a 'melee weapons core'

WTH? There's nothing like that in my list of things I can make, and even here it leads to a dead end.

The closest I can see is melee weapons reinforcement? Is that what's needed?

Should I just give up and tell him to find someone who knows what they are doing? lol.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Really, really noob question

Post by Zimoon » Sat May 30, 2009 10:14 pm

Melee Weapon Core is a category encompassing three different cores: http://www.swgcraft.org/dev/schematics_ ... php?id=568

Hopefully you have learned either one of these components.

/Zimoon

PS: Use the schematics pages and click the links and you will find some guidance :)

Trixie9819
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Trixie9819 » Sat May 30, 2009 10:21 pm

Aha, I see now.

I had followed the link but it wasn't making any sense to me.

So I take Inert Petro, metal, and Reactive gas and make a Melee Weapon Reinforcement. Then I take that and some chemical and metal to make a Basic Melee Weapon Core, Then some Iron and Polymer with that to make the Rykk blade.

Got it!

Told you it was a noob question, it just was not working in my brain how it fit and what they were named, ect.

Crellian
Novice Crafter

Post by Crellian » Sun May 31, 2009 2:50 pm

I find it fascinating that Trixie would become a munitions trader just to craft the equipment needed for BM - though I understand the enzyme extractors (needle thingys - technical term) are very much in demand.

Trixie you didn't note if your forum name is your Starsider in-game name. I am Crellian (CL63 Medic) on Starsider in the town of River Haven (we've our own shuttle), and Raamala (CL90 Tailor). I've a mate who is looking for crate(s) of extractors, and I've made some sample canisters and other BM domestic trader products.

I would like to begin trading with you, please gmail me when you're next in game.

Crellian/Raamala
River Haven on Corellia
"TCON - Where Knowledge and Profits Are Shared"