Dumb mistakes

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Droid Engineer Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

mysterymantis
Novice Crafter

Dumb mistakes

Post by mysterymantis » Wed May 14, 2008 6:08 pm

So I jsut kicked myself so hard in the nuts....

I really never did anything with me DE until recently. I am well versed in the SW category, and had no desire to learn another crafting system in the SWG game.
But alas, I decided, hey lets make some Astromechs. After all, the whole reason I have a DE is to make flight computers and such, so why not some astromechs too?
So I started looking into making some, and decided to make some R2 droids. After spending the better part of the week making all the sub parts, I discover that an R2 droid won't accept the data module needed for making an astromech.
I'm like, "***! ***!"
So I am looking at everything, and trying to figure out what I did wrong. And I spot it. I did not look close enough to notice some say under their optional components 'cluster', while others say, 'module'.
DOH!!!!!
So I have all this R2 droid crap, and now I have no idea what I can make with it. (BTW, R4 is what I wanted, isn't it?)
Any suggestions on something I can make with that crap that people might actually want?
Thanks.
Last edited by Zimoon on Wed May 14, 2008 6:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Mind your language, this is not the official SWG site ;)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Dumb mistakes

Post by Zimoon » Wed May 14, 2008 6:22 pm

I believe that whatever you will do you will finally find a customer for that too, just price accordingly. An R2, why not add a storage module, data module, and similar to it. I use them mainly for different manufacture schematics and if it has a crafting station or two that's it. I want to think I am not unique :)

/Zimoon

Mifasa
Novice Crafter

Post by Mifasa » Wed May 14, 2008 9:07 pm

Yay! A question I can answer.

Your R2 droid stuff is fine. All R series driods are astro mech capable.
The socket cluster your reffeing to is simply a device that groups modles, each hold 3 modules. so, take your Driod Data Module and build it into a socket cluster, along with what ever other modules you,d like to add. then build the R2 with the socket cluster.
BTW, most modules will go onto a general or "Combat Capable" socket clustern. But a combat module will only go into a combat capable, or combat module socket cluster.

Hope that helps.
Mifasa: Elder Master Driod Engineer
Asafim: Master Structures
Alts: Dakar, Xeker

Located on Dantoine -3243, 6736
in East Crystal Oasis.
(Tarquinas Sever)

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Thu May 15, 2008 1:41 am

Actually if all you want is a droid to use as an "astromech" in a starship, then R5 droids are most commonly used.

Mifasa
Novice Crafter

Post by Mifasa » Thu May 15, 2008 3:57 am

Agreed. In fact, sence you have the R2 stuff ready, I would suggest installing only L6 Data modules sence that's the top os the line in regards to flight skill and the a few other usefull function modules a well.
For the intermediat flight skill driods, the R5s make for cheaper "throw away" driods.
Mifasa: Elder Master Driod Engineer
Asafim: Master Structures
Alts: Dakar, Xeker

Located on Dantoine -3243, 6736
in East Crystal Oasis.
(Tarquinas Sever)

Astari_Shipyards
Novice Crafter

Post by Astari_Shipyards » Sun May 25, 2008 11:23 pm

If you're making astromechs and flight computers to sell, I've found that "throwaway" level 3 and 4 astromechs, and then level 6s for long-term use sell well. Level 1-2 units can hold a shunt or other useful commands, but most pilots get through those missions quickly enough and are certified for higher level stuff. At level 3 you can load all four level 2 overloads and shunt. At level 4 you can use all four level 3 overloads and shunt. Level 5 is kind of unnecessary as you'll be replacing it with a L6 when you hit ace, although it lets you use a few more commands.

(obviously that's just my experience and your server/situation may vary)

I had a DE build me a clear-dome (R3 I think?) droid with level 6 astromech certification, crafting stations for everything I might end up making, and storage. I'm currently levelling up a droid engineer and trying to think of what other stuff should go into my next one-droid-does-all. Harvester installation maintenance maybe.

TradeMaster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by TradeMaster » Tue May 27, 2008 8:52 pm

Did they ever get the harvester maintenance module to function? I thought that the module was still fubar?