A couple of DE questions

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Droid Engineer Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Jaimse
Novice Crafter

A couple of DE questions

Post by Jaimse » Wed May 07, 2008 7:58 am

Hey guys,

I'm just looking for a bit of advice really, I was going to start a factory run of Electronics GP Module's but wasn't sure if their final quality mattered? Should I just load in my junk/bulk resources to get them, or does their quality change the final outcome?

My next question is regarding Harvester modules, I've been creating a few lately and just wanted to clarify a couple of things.

1. Is 20 the cap on harvester modules?
2. What is the cap on the overall harvesting ability of droids? 120?

Thanks

//Jaimse

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: A couple of DE questions

Post by Zimoon » Wed May 07, 2008 8:49 am

Of the "artisan" components that DEs can make only Micro Sensor Suites and Droid Storage Compartments must be of top notch quality (they must have at least one Amazing while experimented) and then only for sale to Architects. Hence, for your personal use any resource quality will do fine, for example recycled resources if that is possible.

1) Yes, 20 is the cap.

2) Yes, 6 * 20 = 120 and is possible only in a few droids chassis. The bonus itself is discussed in the Misc chapter in GUIDE - Creature Resources

Kindly

/Zimoon

Rommel
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Rommel » Wed May 07, 2008 9:09 am

Are you sure Zimoon?

Example...You want to make a capped crafting station...
If you don't use any subcomponents you'll get a +15 station, but for each sub you add the rating goes up...the break down for subs...

2 Micro Sensor Suites are worth 5.00 Points
5 Droid Storage units are worth 5.00 Points
2 Control Units are worth 5.00 Points
Also the subs for the Micro Sensor Suites count individually, so...
Control Unit 5.00
Electronics GP Module 5.00
Energy Distributors 5.00
Subs are worth a max of 30 so add 15 and you get 45, of course that turns into 44.999992 unless it was made on crafting day.

So quality does matter on Electronics GP Module's, right?

Jaimse
Novice Crafter

Post by Jaimse » Wed May 07, 2008 9:33 am

Well I will only be using them for droids at the moment, so you are both right :)

The quality of them only matters if they are for crafting stations right? So I will be saving my good resources for when I need them.

Thank you both for your answers.

//Jaimse

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed May 07, 2008 12:00 pm

Rommel wrote:Are you sure Zimoon?

Example...You want to make a capped crafting station...
If you don't use any subcomponents you'll get a +15 station, but for each sub you add the rating goes up...the break down for subs...

2 Micro Sensor Suites are worth 5.00 Points
5 Droid Storage units are worth 5.00 Points
2 Control Units are worth 5.00 Points
Also the subs for the Micro Sensor Suites count individually, so...
Control Unit 5.00
Electronics GP Module 5.00
Energy Distributors 5.00
Subs are worth a max of 30 so add 15 and you get 45, of course that turns into 44.999992 unless it was made on crafting day.

So quality does matter on Electronics GP Module's, right?
Seems as I have to read up on the matter again, it was a while ago :oops:
/Zimoon

TradeMaster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by TradeMaster » Wed May 21, 2008 3:52 am

And, everything you use for making pet things are quality dependent as well, it's all new but some of the stuff does require quality.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Wed May 21, 2008 4:45 am

Must have missed this thread first time around.
Yes the GP Modules matter if they are going to be used to make MSS for Crafting Stations. If they are used for something else (torches, streetlights, whatever DE use them for) then the quality does not matter.

Darev
Novice Crafter

Post by Darev » Wed May 21, 2008 5:27 pm

There are lots of things to know when trying to make cap'd crafting stations. As discussed, quality does indeed matter on ALL sub components, including DSC's which currently have no quality rating on the final product.

To cap, each sub components, and in turn each component used MUST hit 99% WITH at least one amazing experimentation. 99% w/o an amazing does NOT equal 99% WITH an amazing experimentation.

***I say 99% because no matter what the display reads, the ONLY time true 100% has been possible was crafting day back in late '03, and then only one day before it was reverted due to 'popular' demand***

Now, once you get the factory schematic of your capped station, you can then use ANY crap sub components in the actual factory run. Some people view this is an exploit, personally, I do not. The schematic calls for 'similar' components, thus part serial numbers are not important, thus no need to use expensive resources in ANYTHING but the schematic creation. Obviously you still need to use high CD metal...

It is also possible to make +45 stations, but only IF you have parts left over from that Perfect Crafting Day oh so long ago. You need to have 3 different sub components at true 100% quality. If you have 3 components, and everything else is high enough, you SHOULD be able to make +45 stations.