New to Droid Engineering Question

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Droid Engineer Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Renunciate
Novice Crafter

New to Droid Engineering Question

Post by Renunciate » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:49 am

EDIT: I'm leaving the question because I can't be the only person who wants to know, but I did find a resource with the information I needed at http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/post ... _id=247622

Here's the original question I posted:

Okay, so I've built a couple of MSE's and even my first R2 droid and I'm starting to get the hang of it. What I think is that I'm going to want LOTS of things by the crate. Here's the question...

Are there any components where I can ignore quality? For example, if I use grind quality materials for the droid brain, can I still make a top of the line droid? I'd certainly like to save my very good/great resources for the places where it matters. (Especially since I just spent a ton to get my Architect to 13 exp points...)

Thanks in advance for any input and suggestions.

Cietina Schiff/Kealan Brassrail of Ahazi

Rackle
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Rackle » Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:35 pm

For droids, you only have to worry about quality on Combat modules, Creature harvesting modules, Bomb modules... I think that's it. Brains, motivators, control units, use junk resources on these, and all the rest of the subs.

Now, if your making Artisan components for architects to use in crafting stations, (micro sensor suite, electronics mem module, etc) you want to use the absolute best.

TradeMaster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by TradeMaster » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:04 am

Droid Storage compartments
Control Unit
Electronic GP Module
Energy Distributor
Micro Sensor Suite

for structures, you want the best possible effectiveness. Berry berry important to making those 44.99999992 crafting stations.

Onyx
Chef Forum Moderator

Post by Onyx » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:38 pm

And do note that for the crafting station components (listed above), you have to get at least one amazing success in your experimentation or they will not be able to cap the station.
Onyx, Chef Forum Moderator

Whitley's Fine Food & Drinks
Open for business since June 2004 -- Twilight's End, Naboo (-3036, 5300), Kettemoor

Official Domestic Goods Senator