medical/healing droid

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Droid Engineer Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

De'vinchi
Novice Crafter

medical/healing droid

Post by De'vinchi » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:12 am

A doctor and medic want maxed out surgical droids but I am uncertian of the components for the modules. the medic requested 30 item storage as well as 'max healing' for his droid. Any sugvestions for maxing the healing stats for both droids? I was thinking ADV R2/3/4/5 for the medic and surgicl droid for the doctor.

HydroTek
Intermediate Crafter

Re: medical/healing droid

Post by HydroTek » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:58 am

There are no modules for player healing, only for healing of the droid and other droids in close proximity.

Surgical Adv holds 3 general modules in a Socket cluster-General modules only, you could use 2 storage modules to get 30 item storage and 1 Module- Auto repair for a cool glowing effect. Again do not use an armor module, as it would be wasted :)
If it's stuck :x ...force it ...if it breaks, :shock: you needed a new one anyway :)
Characters(Legends): HydroTek, Ditty, and Talo ..give a shout if you see me in game

De'vinchi
Novice Crafter

Post by De'vinchi » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:09 pm

Hydrotech,

Thank you for the advice on both my medical and musician droid posts. It can be confusing, the way the recipes sockets are worded. May impose again? What are structual droids for and is there a market for them in the game?

HydroTek
Intermediate Crafter

Post by HydroTek » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:34 pm

Sadly, they are of no use, since structures auto-deduct from your bank account. I have found no 'real' use for the structure module ..true, you can pay maintenance on harvesters and factories with it, but why not just be sure each time you visit your harvester to put enough maintenance in until the next time you intend to visit?

When I set an Elite harvester, I put 50k maintenance and 20k on a Heavy harvester, this is enough to fill the hopper and each time I visit the harvester, I re-fill to those levels. This is enough to keep from 'losing' a harvester, I figure if your not going to log onto a character in over 2 weeks, then you should pull your harvesters :)

BTW: To help with managing your harvesters, get Zimoon's tool, SWGAide and there is a handy cost calculator here on the SWGCraft site.
If it's stuck :x ...force it ...if it breaks, :shock: you needed a new one anyway :)
Characters(Legends): HydroTek, Ditty, and Talo ..give a shout if you see me in game

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:58 am

The Surgical Droid is a relic from a bygone era of SWG. Either the medic requesting it has not played in many years, or one of you has been reading way out of date material on them. :D

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:22 pm

Indeed it could be a good deed to walk over the modules and add a word or two at the comment field, whether the module is currently useful and then a few tips maybe, or if it is currently useless.

At the same time, if you are a schematics maintainer, update the "quality" field to "HQ", "LQ", or "mixed". Many DE components are LQ, some are HQ, but a few are "mixed" which means that the quality depends on the use. Take "Control Unit" as an example: when an architect makes a crafting station it must be flawless HQ, but when crafting the Micro Sensor Suite for the same architect it can be LQ, this sums "mixed" up perfectly. It has no bearing to crafting a HQ item for decorations, just that it depends on the use :)

/Zimoon

sambril
Novice Crafter

Post by sambril » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:37 am

Zimoon wrote:Indeed it could be a good deed to walk over the modules and add a word or two at the comment field, whether the module is currently useful and then a few tips maybe, or if it is currently useless.

At the same time, if you are a schematics maintainer, update the "quality" field to "HQ", "LQ", or "mixed". Many DE components are LQ, some are HQ, but a few are "mixed" which means that the quality depends on the use. Take "Control Unit" as an example: when an architect makes a crafting station it must be flawless HQ, but when crafting the Micro Sensor Suite for the same architect it can be LQ, this sums "mixed" up perfectly. It has no bearing to crafting a HQ item for decorations, just that it depends on the use :)

/Zimoon
Your general point that quality sometimes depends on use is correct, but your example is perhaps not the best one :D. If the structure trader needs those Micro Sensor Suites for crafting stations then the quality of the resources used and all its sub-components, including the Control Unit, is critical. The quality of MSSs used in other places is not important, for example structures making a stage controller or engineers making cybernetics or droids.
(former) Engineering Senator

Sambril Starlight, FarStar: Elder Entertainer, Alliance General (retired), Basilisk: Master Entertainer, Master Dancer, Musician, Image Designer.
Joylin Lightstar, FarStar: Elder Droid Engineer, Basilisk: Droid Engineer

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:22 pm

sambril wrote:
Zimoon wrote:Indeed it could be a good deed to walk over the modules and add a word or two at the comment field, whether the module is currently useful and then a few tips maybe, or if it is currently useless.

/Zimoon
Your general point that quality sometimes depends on use is correct, but your example is perhaps not the best one :D. If the structure trader needs those Micro Sensor Suites for crafting stations then the quality of the resources used and all its sub-components, including the Control Unit, is critical. The quality of MSSs used in other places is not important, for example structures making a stage controller or engineers making cybernetics or droids.
Geeh, what a brain fart :cry: :oops: :roll:

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:18 pm

I noticed that too, but then thought maybe you are referring to the similar vs identical feature on the schematics for Crafting Stations. Which is as far as I want to go with this explanation, because I have always considered that an exploit and not wanted to publish it widely.

Are you the Structures Senator now Z?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:44 am

Savacc wrote:I noticed that too, but then thought maybe you are referring to the similar vs identical feature on the schematics for Crafting Stations. Which is as far as I want to go with this explanation, because I have always considered that an exploit and not wanted to publish it widely.

I think no Senator is announced yet, not that I know of anyway :)

sambril
Novice Crafter

Post by sambril » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:38 pm

Zimoon wrote:
Savacc wrote:I noticed that too, but then thought maybe you are referring to the similar vs identical feature on the schematics for Crafting Stations. Which is as far as I want to go with this explanation, because I have always considered that an exploit and not wanted to publish it widely.

I think no Senator is announced yet, not that I know of anyway :)
All the senator positions have been filled and andhanni is still the structures one. Try again in 6 months - you would make a fine senator.
(former) Engineering Senator

Sambril Starlight, FarStar: Elder Entertainer, Alliance General (retired), Basilisk: Master Entertainer, Master Dancer, Musician, Image Designer.
Joylin Lightstar, FarStar: Elder Droid Engineer, Basilisk: Droid Engineer

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:47 pm

Aah, didn't know as I have seen no post about it, cool.