Leveling help :)

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Droid Engineer Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

dareninger
Novice Crafter

Leveling help :)

Post by dareninger » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:29 am

Hi,

I am just starting back to SWG after 3 years away playing WoW. I am leveling my Droid eng.. but am looking for some direction.

I have leveled my Droid Eng to lvl 72 but it is very slow going at this point. Is there a place that lists experiance gained by each item crafted? I would think complexity would be a gauge but I am finding this not to be the case. Or, possibly, can someone give me the best items to craft for experiance at this level?

Best Regards,

Repentence (Bria)

NaeBliss
Apprentice Crafter

Re: Leveling help :)

Post by NaeBliss » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:12 am

If you want to lvl fast, ignoring the fact that maybe you will not understand all principles of the trade, go structure trader, read the guide on the structure trader forum.
You can lvl from 1 to 90 in about 4 hours, then respec.

greetz and WB

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:59 am

dareninger wrote:Hi,

I am just starting back to SWG after 3 years away playing WoW. I am leveling my Droid eng.. but am looking for some direction.

I have leveled my Droid Eng to lvl 72 but it is very slow going at this point. Is there a place that lists experiance gained by each item crafted? I would think complexity would be a gauge but I am finding this not to be the case. Or, possibly, can someone give me the best items to craft for experiance at this level?

Best Regards,

Repentence (Bria)
I just went nuts making Vehicles (AB-1 and V-35 gave the most xp) and I leveled fairly quickly and made about 4 million credits selling the proceeds.

However Structures trader is the fastest way to 90.

thegreywolfe
Advanced Crafter

Post by thegreywolfe » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:17 pm

Unfortunately they are correct, structures is the fastest. When you're looking for what gives the best experience in your crafting, you want to craft whatever uses the most resources. With engineer, I'd have to say using Monty's method with vehicles is definitely a good choice. You will have product you can immediately start selling. The reason structures is so fast, is that of the trader classes it has more high resource schems than any other. They are not kidding about the time, although if you have the resources to do it, I've found you can do it in about an hour.

dareninger
Novice Crafter

Post by dareninger » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:41 am

Thanks so much for the help! I had no clue that resources dictated xp. Now what I learned is that the swoop.. which takes more resources then the X34-Landspeeder actually gives you less XP. The Swoop gave 15,960 while the X34 gave 17,955. Just an Update.

Thanks again for the responses :)

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:10 am

dareninger wrote:Thanks so much for the help! I had no clue that resources dictated xp. Now what I learned is that the swoop.. which takes more resources then the X34-Landspeeder actually gives you less XP. The Swoop gave 15,960 while the X34 gave 17,955. Just an Update.

You are right. The general rule is: Number of resources times complexity equals experience. However the devs "tweak" some schematics to give more or less experience then the basic formula. For some reason Swoops is one of the schematics to be "tweaked" downwards. The only reason I can think of is that Engineers used to make Swoops for XP to level and the devs decided to "nerf" it.

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:00 am

Savacc wrote:
dareninger wrote:Thanks so much for the help! I had no clue that resources dictated xp. Now what I learned is that the swoop.. which takes more resources then the X34-Landspeeder actually gives you less XP. The Swoop gave 15,960 while the X34 gave 17,955. Just an Update.

You are right. The general rule is: Number of resources times complexity equals experience. However the devs "tweak" some schematics to give more or less experience then the basic formula. For some reason Swoops is one of the schematics to be "tweaked" downwards. The only reason I can think of is that Engineers used to make Swoops for XP to level and the devs decided to "nerf" it.
I actually think there is another factor being over looked here, swoops only require 2 different materials where as the X-34 requires 3 or 4 so perhaps that is incorporated into the xp calculation?

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:56 pm

The X-34 is just Ferris and Nonferris metal.