Droid Questions

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Droid Engineer Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Re: Droid Questions

Post by wrackspurt » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:48 am

Well, I only ask because it seems when it comes to food, people only buy the absolute best stuff out there. I am not a high enough level nor do I ever have good enough resources to work with to make the best stuff. What I make is good, just not awesome, but they don't seem interested in it at all at any price. Can't even sell it to my guild.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:18 pm

wrackspurt wrote:Well, I only ask because it seems when it comes to food, people only buy the absolute best stuff out there. I am not a high enough level nor do I ever have good enough resources to work with to make the best stuff. What I make is good, just not awesome, but they don't seem interested in it at all at any price. Can't even sell it to my guild.
That is since combateers are really simple minded and cannot do the math for worth-its-price for different situations. Or possibly they are so filthy rich (due to a broken economy) that they don't have to bother with two kinds, one decent and one for those seldom special occasions 8)

/Zimoon

Onyx
Chef Forum Moderator

Post by Onyx » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:37 pm

Yea, unfortunately for food there isn't much worth crafting if you aren't a master chef (CL86). I sincerely hope that changes when GU7 comes around and we get our update.

And believe me I really dislike having it be that way.
Onyx, Chef Forum Moderator

Whitley's Fine Food & Drinks
Open for business since June 2004 -- Twilight's End, Naboo (-3036, 5300), Kettemoor

Official Domestic Goods Senator

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:24 pm

Onyx wrote:Yea, unfortunately for food there isn't much worth crafting if you aren't a master chef (CL86). I sincerely hope that changes when GU7 comes around and we get our update.

And believe me I really dislike having it be that way.
I won't hold my breath though. When the dear Devs made WS the overlooked or miscalculated the power for almost all, if not all, levels under CL90, the levels for fledgling combateers are simply not up to par with looted/rewarded weapons. Neither did they address the need for fledgling WS to have anything for sale while leveling up.

I have asked for quite some time now that the Devs add something for those Traders that level up, we should not have to speed-grind just to be able tom have the fun from doing business. The same is of course true for Entertainers. Even if people whine combateers can actually have quite some fun from day one to CL90 and beyond, only their own imagination sets the limit IMHO.

We want new players to the game, but when about new Traders/Entertainers I think quite a few back out because of the super dull and boring grind. Just face it, level 1 to about 85 is not fun for no Trader. Is this something spoken about in the Senate?

/Zimoon

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:36 pm

Trying to be creative with it. An associated guild has a buff house, I assume, with an AFK ent. I'm wondering about the feasibility of doing something similiar with food buffs for my guild. Basically almost complimentary food off a vendor, but do I trust my guildies to not take the whole lot, to just take a little and leave something for the others....Is there a better way?

Saamm
Novice Crafter

Post by Saamm » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:50 pm

If you know what your selling you can make a bit, our guild had two chefs Charle and Peri' (Currently away) peri makes upto 2 million a week from his shop due to many factors, firstly his foods are top quality and secondly location on farstar prometheus is the place to shop and as the primary food shop he takes 80% of the sales. Charle makes about the same from selling components for tailor/AS/Chef and collections in his shop along with his vendors located in the jedi area of our capped crafting station selling port and cake which brings in alot so really if you have the quality stuff and the location you can make alot from chef.
Saamm - Master Droid Engineer, Unity
Manager of Promtheus Droid Lot, Promtheus, Lok
Euro-FarStar