defensive module harness

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Droid Engineer Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

mysterymantis
Novice Crafter

defensive module harness

Post by mysterymantis » Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:49 pm

Ok, what is a droid defensive module harness? I've been looking all over my list of stuff I can craft, and I don't see anything named that. I'm CL90.
Also, I'm making some droidekas. can anyone tell me if the quality of resource matters on anything for this? I have lots of the stuff I need already made...
Adv Droid Brain
Droid Brain
Electronics GP module
Electronics Memory Module
Micro Sensor Suite
Droid Sensor package
Adv. Droid Motive
Manipulator Arm package set
All this stuff was made with junk resources, will that matter?
Any advice will be apreciated. I've read some of the stuff on the sony forums, but it was a bit confusing, and not quite specific enough for my current needs. Any link to a thread that gives good instructions on how to build droidekas would be apreciated.
Thanks
MM

Jamiser
Novice Crafter

Re: defensive module harness

Post by Jamiser » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:02 pm

Don't know where the devs came up with the title for this slot, but as you mention they do not exist. The slot will take armor modules and any other subs that show as possible to put in it.

The key items for your Droideka that should be made with good resources are the combat modules and possibly the armor modules, I use good resources for both. You need 8 combat modules with combat rating of 107 or better (2 Combat Module Clusters with 3 each, and 2 combat modules in available component slots) and 3 armor modules 3 to get a CL60 Droideka or Battle Droid. 1 combat module > 60 plus 1 level 4 armor module will produce a CL30 combat droid.

Jamiser

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:12 pm

I think it is about the same in many other schematics where the term is kind of a wrapper term for many different components, in cooking we have Container (perhaps not the hardest to fail to understand) yet there are no Containers on the Chefs palette, only Small and Large Glass, Cask, and Barrel (which is broken). Tissue, same story there.

This is one of the reasons why I always advise against speed grinding, the ignorance that comes with it. Generally speaking, people grind to CL 90 without a clue :)

For "Artisan components", in most cases quality matters in some cases, not in others. For example, Architects want not only capped items, you must have at least one Amazing while experimenting on it as well while crafting for them. It will still read 5.0 but under the hood there are inferior 5.0 and true 5.0. Yeah, it stinks.

In the stickied thread there is a link to the official boards, I believe that guide lists what must be top notch and what not.

Cheers

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:13 pm

Ooh, I missed that:

Jamiser, congrats to your first post and welcome around :D

/Zimoon

Tech Twin
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Tech Twin » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:23 pm

Don't mean to necro an old post but since the subject is the same I didn't see a need to start a whole new thread.

When it comes to Armor Modules do the sub comps matter? Do I need the Battle Armor Segments with Segment enhancements? How do they affect the CL?

The Namasoon Zoo as featured on Garva's "Home Show"; Nostalgia from SWG of Old!