March 5th: Maintenance

The purpose of this board is for any announcements by the developers. Only developers can start topics on this board.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Sobuno
Developer

March 5th: Maintenance

Post by Sobuno » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:25 pm

The site (And forums) will be going down for maintenance at around 8:00 PM UTC+1 (Denmark/Copenhagen) (That is approximately 4 hours and 35 minutes from this post)

We expect the maintenance to be complete within 2 hours.
-The SWGCraft Development Team

Sobuno
Developer

Re: March 5th: Maintenance

Post by Sobuno » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:18 pm

Everything should now be functional again.

Changed some internals in the database related to resource availability: Find Resources should be faster now and you should be able to do "Minimum Values" searches on "All Servers". Searches for "Experimental Properties" are too intensive to be performed on "All Servers" at the present time.

The changes affected both the Current Resources page, the Resource Tree page, the My Resources page, the Find Resources page, the Resource Info page, the Edit Resource page aswell as the process of adding resources and marking resources as unavailable + a few minor systems.

Report any bugs you find.

Paria
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Paria » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:28 am

Thanks for maintaining SWGCraft :D
It seems that "View new posts" on this forum is not accurate, several recent topics not beeing shown.
Perhaps it is not a bug btw just a "maintenance-lag".
Arnh Stardust (Armorsmith or Shipwright) & Mamaria (Droids and Beasts crafter) in ORION on Lok (Chimaera server).

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:45 am

Paria wrote:Thanks for maintaining SWGCraft :D
It seems that "View new posts" on this forum is not accurate, several recent topics not beeing shown.
Perhaps it is not a bug btw just a "maintenance-lag".
Hmm, we haven't modified that function, so if there's a bug there, it would be a bug in the normal phpBB system.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:18 pm

I noticed this too. However, I am uncertain if that can be the result of some visit to the main page looking up some resource and the also updating the recent_visit tag for the forum. Is that so? If so I would request a change so that a visit to the main page does not affect the recent_visit variable. Only real visits to the forum should update that variable.

/Zimoon

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:26 pm

Zimoon wrote:I noticed this too. However, I am uncertain if that can be the result of some visit to the main page looking up some resource and the also updating the recent_visit tag for the forum. Is that so? If so I would request a change so that a visit to the main page does not affect the recent_visit variable. Only real visits to the forum should update that variable.

/Zimoon
A change like this would affect the marking of new resources with the *NEW* tag though, as they rely on the last visited timestamp

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:15 pm

Hmm, I see.

Looks like we should consider having two variables:
1) last_visited_current_resources
2) last_visited_forum
and the former perhaps updated only if visiting Current Resources, any planet/galaxy though. Is that even doable?

/Zimoon

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:41 pm

Is doable, but rather cumbersome

Thornos
Novice Crafter

Post by Thornos » Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:08 pm

Sobuno wrote:Everything should now be functional again.

Changed some internals in the database related to resource availability: Find Resources should be faster now and you should be able to do "Minimum Values" searches on "All Servers". Searches for "Experimental Properties" are too intensive to be performed on "All Servers" at the present time.

The changes affected both the Current Resources page, the Resource Tree page, the My Resources page, the Find Resources page, the Resource Info page, the Edit Resource page aswell as the process of adding resources and marking resources as unavailable + a few minor systems.

Report any bugs you find.

thank you very much for adding the all server option!!!
Thornos Dre'Oss